We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Night stay following flight to PPT

Which Tahiti hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington, VA
reviews: 41
One Night stay following flight to PPT

My flight into PPT arrives at 7:30 pm and I will need to stay in Tahiti one night before taking the ferry to Moorea. Considering we are spending less than one day there, I'm trying to figure out the best hotel to stay. My priorities are having a good option for dinner when we arrive that night and breakfast the next morning and staying within the general airport/ferry dock area so we don't have to spend too much on taxis. We aren't going to be spending much time at the pool/beach so that isn't a high priority. I just want a comfortable room for the night. And I know food is very expensive at hotels, so if any hotels have local restaurants (that are less expensive) within walking distance that would be appealing. Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks!

Las Vegas, NV
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Moorea
reviews: 5
1. Re: One Night stay following flight to PPT

Best bang for your buck is Fare Suisse. It is a small pension in Papeete. Very reasonably priced, clean and comfortable. Beni (the Swiss owner) provides free transport to the airport and ferry dock. They do not serve dinner, but you are within walking distance of restaurants in Papeete and also the roulottes. They do serve a continental breakfast for an additional charge. The ONLY downside to Fare Suisse is it is VERY popular and only has a few rooms and books up VERY quickly.

http://www.fare-suisse.com/english/index.php

Edited: 1:43 pm, March 14, 2013
2. Re: One Night stay following flight to PPT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 16, 2014