We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Papeete, Moorera and Bora Bora

Which Tahiti hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth Western...
reviews: 3
Papeete, Moorera and Bora Bora

We will be visiting each place on a cruise ship. Would love advice on whether to do a ship arranged island tour or can we arrange one when we arrive.

Are the ports close to the city or beaches in each place.

Any help would be great.

Ta

Blackfoot, Idaho
reviews: 1
1. Re: Papeete, Moorera and Bora Bora

We are cruising here too for the first time and I would love to know as well!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Vaitape, Bora Bora, French Polynesia
reviews: 26
2. Re: Papeete, Moorera and Bora Bora

On Papeete, you will dock in Papeete Harbour-- so you will be in the city there. On Moorea, I believe the cruise ships usually dock in Cook's Bay. There are no cities on Moorea, just a handful of villages. You'd have to arrange transportation to a beach (the one at Temae is gorgeous; we're also extremely partial to the public beach just up the road from the Hilton). On Bora Bora, I believe the ships anchor in a bay near Vaitape, which is the main town. For a beach there, you're going to want to go to Matira Point.

Toronto, Ontario
reviews: 11
3. Re: Papeete, Moorera and Bora Bora

You will have options for booking a tour when you arrive in Bora Bora, a few local operators set up where the tenders drop you off. I think the same may apply in Moorea, but not 100% sure. We always had tours booked in advance. Spending the day on the beach in Moorea would be nice, but don't miss out on a full day tour in BB (coral gardens here were incredible!). Safest bet is to book ahead of time by contacting a tour operator via email. We went with Raanui Tours who were excellent, there are lots of others too, check the boards for more recommendations. Another nice option in Moorea is an ATV tour of the gorgeous interior (or a 4x4 if you are not keen on driving an ATV), you could do a half day ATV tour, then spend the rest of the day on the beach possibly! Google ATV or 4x4 tours Moorea to find operators. Have fun!!!

Wild Wild West
reviews: 83
4. Re: Papeete, Moorera and Bora Bora

The best thing we did on Moorea was Albert's ATV tour. We reserved a side-by-side utility vehicle ahead of time, and it was an absolute blast. I would definitely recommend this tour and company.

Blackfoot, Idaho
reviews: 1
5. Re: Papeete, Moorera and Bora Bora

Do any of you know if we would be able to book in Bora Bora on the pier on a Sunday? I've heard most places are closed on Sundays so I don't know if we should go ahead and book something or wait and see.

Toronto, Ontario
reviews: 11
6. Re: Papeete, Moorera and Bora Bora

Not sure about Bora Bora on a Sunday. We were in Raiatea on a Sunday and there were still lots of operators available at the pier, but all of the shops at the pier and in the town were closed (we were surprised they would close even on a Sunday when a ship was in town, but also admired this!!!). Hopefully someone else will know about Bora Bora specifically...

Xalapa, Mexico
reviews: 7
7. Re: Papeete, Moorera and Bora Bora

Sure thing...

But I only can help on Bora Bora. You will arriving in the big central island of Bora Bora. From there you can rent a safari to the top of the volcano, it's not nessesary to explain you where you can get that tour because they are in the same port where you arrive. In the safari you will visite some few Wold War II spots, like a rusty canyons, bunkers and such. Then you will take to the top of the volcano and men... the view is breathtaking. They will offer you some snaks with fruits of the zone, papay, mango, pine apple.

Back to the beach you can hire a boat to go snorkeling, or scubadiving or meaby you are a jetskie person, so there are a lot of locals hiring jetskies, or any equipment for the lagoon.

If you look for night club or great restorant, then Bora Bora is not what you looking for. Bora Bora is more like a relaxing place for couples.

So... have a nice trip and Ia orana

Las Vegas, Nevada
reviews: 10
8. Re: Papeete, Moorera and Bora Bora

to the top of the volcano

I thought it has never been climbed??

9. Re: Papeete, Moorera and Bora Bora

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 12, 2013