We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will they allow 2 children per bungalow?

Which Society Islands hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
reviews: 5
Will they allow 2 children per bungalow?

We have two children but almost every place says that the bungalows can accommodate only one child? Does any place ever lax the rules? How can I have my 7 and 10 yo in a separate bungalow? thanks

Chicago, IL
1. Re: Will they allow 2 children per bungalow?

allinclusivefamily -

Yes, there are resorts that allow 2 children under the age of 15 or 12. It depends on the resort. On Moorea, the Intercontinental Moorea and Moorea Pearl are good resorts for families and allow 2 children under the age of 15 in their bungalows. On Bora Bora, the Le Meridien, InterContinental Thalasso, Four Seasons, Bora Bora Lagoon all have accommodatiosn for families. Additionally resorts like the Bora Bora Nui, Pearl Beach Resort, etc, will allow exceptions for 2 children in a bungalow. It really depends on the time of year you are traveling and availability. Most resorts are not in the business of turning away reservations at this time; therefore, they will allow an additional child to share accommodations.

On Bora Bora, the Le Meridien and the Pearl are great for families offering children's activities and/or kids eat free, child size snorkeling equipment, etc.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Moorea
reviews: 61
2. Re: Will they allow 2 children per bungalow?

Ia orana

For Bora Bora the Four Seasons in some of their lagoon view OWB will accept 2 + 2. The Four Seasons offers the best kids club also.

For Moorea I would suggest tom look at Legends, the villas overlooking the lagoon would offer the bes avail;able space with a million dollar view.

I would also open the door to villas for rent like the Farehamara ( www.farehamara.com) for among the best value for your money with a fully equipped house that would come at a fraction of the cost of any resort larger room and consider a few days of splurging then on Bora Bora at the Four Seasons.

Wishing you a wonderful trip with your family in FP

Meherio

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Moorea
reviews: 61
3. Re: Will they allow 2 children per bungalow?

PS I hope that you will be able to take advantage of the children fly free offer from ATN that also includes the inter island flights.

Meherio

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
reviews: 12
4. Re: Will they allow 2 children per bungalow?

Hi there :)

Indeed the Intercontinental in Moorea would be my choice for a family. They have the dolphin encounter as well, great for the kids! In Bora Bora I would take the family to the Le Meridien! It is a wonderful place for all families. They have the turtle sanctuary and an inlet lagoon for calm safe swimming. Just my thoughts! Both are four star properties (although the Le Meridien is doing some very nice upgrades at this time). Places like the four seasons are incredibly nice but will bring the price up quite high (five star plus!). Personally if you can afford the four seasons I'd explore this option. They have a great kids club there, I even went through the sprinklers myself!! :) Hope this helps some.

sunny regards,

shully

central ca coast
reviews: 19
5. Re: Will they allow 2 children per bungalow?

we just returned from the pearl moorea. We have 2 sons age 9 and 11. Our package offered kids fly free with air Tahiti Nui, free breakfast for adults and children, and the children ate free the rest of the meals. It did not seem to matter if we ordered or not. We stayed in two room types. The first was a family room. It was 2 stories. The king up a steep flite of stairs with a flat screen tv. Downstairs on the main level were 2 twin beds a dressor, an empty refrig. and the bathroom. There was also a flat screen tv and dvd players. Also a small balcony. We upgraded to a powb. This was smaller. There is a king bed, a day bed, and they brought in a comfortable twin. It also had the tv,dvd, refrig, a much nicer bathroom with toilet in a separate area and a shower/tub combo. The balcony overlooked both shallow(3 ft) and deep water(20+ ft) There was also an outdoor shower and a ladder to the water. I would stay in either room type again with my family. Child friendly, they even had an Easter egg hunt on Sunday.

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
reviews: 12
6. Re: Will they allow 2 children per bungalow?

The Pearl in Moorea has really stepped up to the plate when it comes to children. I have watched the staff going above and beyond for the kids.

They will also acoomodate in a Bungalow it might bbe a bit tight but it works. The location makes it nice to get snacks, icecream etc for the children. In Bora Bora the LeMeridien is Paradise for kids with the Turtle sanctuary and the inner Lagoon. Also a bit tight in the bungalow but it works. If you ask the resort will take the daybed out of the room during the day and bring it back in the PM.

Regards BO

7. Re: Will they allow 2 children per bungalow?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 25, 2009