We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Jose - arriving at noon; ideas for afternoon/hotel

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
San Jose - arriving at noon; ideas for afternoon/hotel

Hello,

My husband and I will be arriving SJ on a Monday at noon and have an early white water rafting trip on Tuesday to Pacuare River so we need to stay in/around the San Jose area. Does anyone have any ideas for the afternoon that we get there? I'm not really that interested in SJO downtown and would love to maybe make a trip to the waterfalls or get a decent hotel (with a nice pool) that we can relax. Also, I have read (on trip advisor) that Grano de Oro is one of the better places to stay downtown due to character, but we are open to staying out of downtown if anyone has any ideas of good options to stay in the area.

Thanks for any insight!!

J'ne

NJ
1. Re: San Jose - arriving at noon; ideas for afternoon/hotel

Just got back from a two-week trip. We stayed at the Marriott for two nights on our arrival. The hotel is beautiful, with pools, golf, spa, exercise room and nice restaurants if you are looking to lounge. It runs about $200 a night though.

On our way out of CR we stayed at the Hotel Pura Vida in Alajuela, which is ten minutes north of the airport. They will pick you up. Doesn't have the frills of the Marriott, but it is a beautiful place with lovely grounds. Staff is great, and dinners are supposed to be incredible (they were taking a 'break' from cooking the night we were there, but did arrange a taxi to take us to a nearby restaurant that was fabulous).

When I go back, I'll stay there again. You could stay in San Jose, but I didn't think much of the city. After 20 minutes I was looking to leave.

Either hotel can arrange an afternoon outing for you, but be advised it tends to cloud up by late morning.

2. Re: San Jose - arriving at noon; ideas for afternoon/hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 25, 2009