We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where does public bus from airport stop in San Jose?

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
reviews: 201
Where does public bus from airport stop in San Jose?

Can you clarify where the bus from SJO airport drops you off downtown in San Jose. I am aiming for Ave 2 between Calle 13 and 15. Does it stop nearby? Thanks!

8 replies to this topic
Costa Rica
reviews: 26
1. Re: Where does public bus from airport stop in San Jose?

You'd be better off with that destination to just stay on the bus until it reaches the bus station. Take the big red bus "Tuasa" and it's station is not far. This might help: costa-rica-guide.com/travel/index.php…

Washington DC...
2. Re: Where does public bus from airport stop in San Jose?

Thanks! Is it relatively safe to walk down Ave 2 for half an hour to my destination?

Costa Rica
3. Re: Where does public bus from airport stop in San Jose?

I don't think it will take you 1/2 an hour. The bus station is located at Avenida 2 between Calles 12 and 14 so just a block or two.

If you have a backpack, one of the favorite "tricks" in San Jose is to walk behind you and just start taking stuff out of your pack. If you have a small pack, put it in front. If you have a rolling suitcase, that can be annoying since the sidewalks are sometimes uneven and sometimes have big holes.

Washington DC...
4. Re: Where does public bus from airport stop in San Jose?

Looks like odd and even numbered streets are far apart so it's actually over a mile away?!

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 16
5. Re: Where does public bus from airport stop in San Jose?

Yes, ms_scotgirl,

You are 100 percent correct. All the even calles are one one side of Avenida central (west) and all of the odd ones are east of central. So it is about 13 blocks. Parts of Avenida 2 are pretty busy and crowded. So with baggage it might be hard to manoever. I doubt if it would take half an hour. However, you are probably best off just taking a cab. it won't be that expensive.

Raquel

Costa Rica
6. Re: Where does public bus from airport stop in San Jose?

I stand corrected! Totally right, ms - although I agree with you -- I don't think it's as far as a mile.

Tampa, FL
Destination Expert
for San Jose, Costa Rica
reviews: 1
7. Re: Where does public bus from airport stop in San Jose?

Actually, it probably is close to a mile. The general guide is that each block is roughly equal to 100m (+/-), so 13 blocks would be roughly equal to 1.3km or just over a mile. And I definitely would agree with Raquel. Take a cab. Between having to cross 13 streets, extremely busy sidewalks on that avenida, the typical uneven pavement of SJ sidewalks and the afternoon heat that they reflect that would be a pretty tiring walk lugging 2 suitcases (whether with rollers or not). Really not the wisest way to start of your trip just to save $2, Save your energy instead for a trail in the rainforest when all you'll be packing will be your camera or binoculars.

Costa Rica
8. Re: Where does public bus from airport stop in San Jose?

1.6 km is a mile - but the point is that a taxi is the way to go - not worth the effort to walk.

Reply to: Where does public bus from airport stop in San Jose?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted