We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years 2014 in San Jose

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, MB Canada
reviews: 96
New Years 2014 in San Jose

Greetings, we will be in San Jose for NYE, any options on things to do? Are there fireworks someplace or a street festival?

Thanks!

Winnipeg, MB Canada
1. Re: New Years 2014 in San Jose

Really? Nothing to do NYE??? :(

Barrie, Canada
reviews: 47
2. Re: New Years 2014 in San Jose

Bars and restaurants will be much like home, so for some cultural immersion go to Zapote. Just google it and watch some utube videos.

A nice place
reviews: 5
3. Re: New Years 2014 in San Jose

There is more party at the beach! There are parties at the discos and clubs, but many ticos will be at the beach.

San Jose
reviews: 22
4. Re: New Years 2014 in San Jose

Many of hotels in San Jose offer New Years parties and celebrations, some include fireworks, dinner, dancing and activities. There are parties in San Jose, what happens is that many people rather go to the beach for that last week, but I am sure you will find parties going on in the city. Some of the larger hotels like Marriott, Real Intercontinental and Wyndham Herradura host very well known activities.

San Jose, Calif
reviews: 31
5. Re: New Years 2014 in San Jose

So far I have only found a few places in San Jose for NYE. Fairmont Hotel is having a room deal with dinner and dance choices. Valencia Hotel in Santana Row is having a room special with dinner, dancing, breakfast package. Fehrenheit Restaurant is having a buffet / dance package, no hotel. San Jose has no fireworks show! Most of the good parties are in San Francisco.

Winnipeg, MB Canada
6. Re: New Years 2014 in San Jose

Hi - this is San Jose Costa Rica! LOL

San Jose
reviews: 22
7. Re: New Years 2014 in San Jose

dear drinkwiz, either you or I landed on the wrong forum. I thought we were talking about San Jose Costa Rica, not SAn Jose, California. Eyeluv2Travel????

Medellin, Colombia
reviews: 26
8. Re: New Years 2014 in San Jose

Like CanoTico says, bars and restaurants will be like at home. Everything will be closed New Years Day (except movie theaters), so I would not recommend spending time there. Beaches will be a better option.

Cartagena, Colombia
reviews: 2
9. Re: New Years 2014 in San Jose

best option would be going to manuel antonio (3 h from san josé): great ocean view, nice restaurants, partying all night, fireworks, next day relax at the beautiful beach, go see some animals at the national park if you want to and have unforgettable memories of costa rica.

10. Re: New Years 2014 in San Jose

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 21, 2014