We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rioja Car rental

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
reviews: 18
Rioja Car rental

Has any one rented a 4X4 thru Rioja ? Any negative experences.

Lake Havasu City...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 5
1. Re: Rioja Car rental

I have not heard anything about them, good or bad. My only suggestion is to stick with the larger well known companies.

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: Rioja Car rental

Nothing positive nothing negative...never ever heard anything about them??

Are you sure they are in Costa Rica?

Dealing with a total unknown rent a car is like playing lotto...!

roadadvisor

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 9
3. Re: Rioja Car rental

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g291982-i813-k4251…

I found this but would still suggest sticking with better known companies and those with more frequent and recent good reviews.

San Jose, Costa RIca
reviews: 9
4. Re: Rioja Car rental

Hi, I have been working with CR Save for many years , they will deliver to your hotel and pick it up there as well or the airport. Stick with an established, known company . No good to be somewhere out in the country and have it break down, service is what's important.

Thomas

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
5. Re: Rioja Car rental

I agree that it's better to stick with the more well-known and well-regarded companies. Some that get excellent reviews here and have excellent reputations in Costa Rica include: Vamos, Adobe, Alamo, Toyota are a few of them. I would stay away from the "unknowns."

Jacksonville, Fl
reviews: 36
6. Re: Rioja Car rental

I did a five day rental from Luis at RioJa (based in San Isidro del General) and had NO problems. Cheaper

than most. Attentive. Great vehicle (4 wheel drive diesel Mitsubishi). Excellent GPS. The web site shows pick up and drop off at SJO. They don't have a location there, but Luis got up and on a bus in San Isidro, took the 3.5 hour ride and met us at the airport for our drop off at 9 a.m. He told me if he didn't make it to simply park in the lot and leave the keys locked inside. He made it. Looked over the vehicle which ran great over tough terrain and way, way up in altitude. He tore up the deposit note, shook hands and we were on our way in 10 minutes. Great guy trying to get a foothold in the business.

If you make a reservation with him, I believe he or his partner will be there!! Sometimes trusting the 'little' guy is better and more affordable than the 'named' companies.

sydney
reviews: 18
7. Re: Rioja Car rental

Thanks for you info, when was this ?

Jacksonville, Fl
reviews: 36
8. Re: Rioja Car rental

In August '13. This is truly an accomodating guy.

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
9. Re: Rioja Car rental

"Sometimes trusting the 'little' guy is better and more affordable than the 'named' companies."

When we recommend various rental car agencies, we are not necessarily talking about "named" companies. Four of the best in Costa Rica are Vamos, Wild Rider, Solid and Service. Certainly not "named" companies but get consistently excellent reports over a long period of time.

Sounds like you had a good experience, DLee, but people need to be careful of renting a car from a tiny, Mom and Pop operation that we sometimes call "Joe and Moe's Pizza Shop and Rental Cars" or from some guy who seems very friendly but things don't always turn out so well.

10. Re: Rioja Car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 13, 2014