We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Costarica

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Trip to Costarica

I am travelling to Costa Rica this week. I am travelling alone and plan to take bus everywhere. Also, I would prefer to be in forest and adventure sports(not too risky). Here is my intenerary,if you comment is it too much to cover in 7 days.

Day 1 - San Jose

Day 2 - Poas Volcano and Travel to Monterverde

Day 3&4 - Monteverde Cloud Forest

Day 5 afternoon reach Arenal Volcano

Day 6 & 7Arenal Volcano and La Fortuna

Day 8 - Playa Tamarindo

Day 9 Travel from Tamarindo to Liberia Airport

Few Questions :

1) Is it worth spending time going for Poas Volcano,as later I am going to Arenal Volcano ?

2) How is bus transportation between city ?

Any other link to adventure companies in Monteverde will be helpful.

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Trip to Costarica

We have good bus system but can be tricky finding bus stations...of course is possible...just common sense..

Roadadvisor

Edited: 2:51 pm, September 09, 2013
New York City, New...
2. Re: Trip to Costarica

Do you have any comments on going to Poas Volcano and Arenal volcano - Is it worth covering both?

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
reviews: 75
3. Re: Trip to Costarica

No way is that schedule doable using the bus. I'd skip Poas entirely if you're not going to have a car to drive you up. Also, I'd choose between Arenal or Monterverde--not enough to do both plus Tamarindo. I'd probably skip Monteverde.

4. Re: Trip to Costarica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, September 10, 2013
New York City, New...
5. Re: Trip to Costarica

Thanks for the tip. Is there a website for bus schedule within different cities? Any information will be helpful.

- Thank You

Dhaval Shah

San Jose, Costa RIca
reviews: 8
6. Re: Trip to Costarica

Hi Dhaval, please go to this site , www.visitcostarica.com/ict/paginas/home.asp… it is for the Tourist Board of Costa Rica and select in the drop down menu under Planning Your Visit - Bus Schedule. This has great info. It is in PDF format so that you may print it out.

Thomas

Costa Rica
reviews: 24
7. Re: Trip to Costarica

You can also look at www.thebusschedule.com/cr/ -- not perfect but very comprehensive.

8. Re: Trip to Costarica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 12, 2014