We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you need car?

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tennessee
reviews: 17
Do you need car?

Just want to enjoy scenery and waterfronts in CR, do you have to have a car w/o getting bored for two weeks? Thanks so much. AND , which airport and area? Flying from TN.

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Do you need car?

Really hard to even try to answer your question....but as far as I understand...can be better for you to rent a car...we have well ove 300 beaches....

To visit beaches the best airport LIR...Liberia...closer to a lot of nice beaches...

roadadvisor

Tennessee
2. Re: Do you need car?

Thanks! Which area would you advise? Possibly, we may want to just hang out instead of trying to hit so many beaches...with that in mind, what area would you suggest staying? AND, do you have a suggestion on a budget lodging? I appreciate your help much.

Quebec City, Canada
reviews: 22
3. Re: Do you need car?

To compare hotel price, I use that directory: ( you can choose your destination...here are some popular ones that I prefer)

Manuel Antonio Hotels: southerncostarica.biz/Manuel-Antonio/…

Dominical Hotels: southerncostarica.biz/Dominical/cat-hotels/

Uvita Hotels: www.southerncostarica.biz/Uvita/cat-hotels/

Enjoy!

San Jose, Costa Rica
4. Re: Do you need car?

For nice b3aches Guanacaste...also some great beaches around the Caribbean side of our country...

Try to deal direct with travel providers and hotels....some links are design by want a be travel proffesionals juzt looking for your hard earned money...

Do not pay anything in advance you can shop around even once you are in Costa Rica...

Roadadvisor

Tennessee
5. Re: Do you need car?

Gmail road advisor

Is there a home rental that might be a better deal than a hotel for four? OR would you do the hotels? We are in our 60's. thanks.

Quebec City, Canada
6. Re: Do you need car?

in Guanacaste? Cristal Azul rent nice villas.

http://www.cristalazul.com/

Ocean View and pool.

Tennessee
7. Re: Do you need car?

Thanks, Cris

I am beginning to think this side of Costa Rica would be more suited for us instead of Flamingo. What are your thoughts? I am concerned about safety, theft, and language barrier. We are in our 60's. thanks so much.

Quebec City, Canada
8. Re: Do you need car?

About safety, don't worry. Use the common sense and you'll be alright.

At Cristal Azul, the owner is American. Her husband is costarican. So don't worry about language barrier.

They speak English.

A lot of "ticos" know English too.

I wish you a very nice vacations! You will love it!

Tennessee
9. Re: Do you need car?

What time of the year did you go and was it the right time? I am indecisive as when to go.

Thanks for your input, I do appreciate it. :)

Quebec City, Canada
10. Re: Do you need car?

You're very welcome!

Best time to travel for a sunny stay is from mi-December to May.

But it doesn't means that outside those dates, it's awful temperature...

I do love April to August. A little bit of rain in the afternoon, but I really do enjoy tropical rain. It relax me!

I live most time of the year in Costa Rica, come back to Canada only for work a couple a months. And I personally enjoy every month in Costa Rica.

September to November are the most rainy months.

Take note that in July, the last 2 weeks, there is a little summer coming back.