We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calypso Cruises

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
reviews: 290
Calypso Cruises

Has any one use this tour group?

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 39
1. Re: Calypso Cruises

Yes I have, been on the tour out of Puntarenas out to Tortuga island with them. Good company, professional, really nice boat and trip. IMO 2 thumbs up.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
2. Re: Calypso Cruises

thanks for your positive review.

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: Calypso Cruises

Captainn David Ried at Calyspo Island Cruise and his crew are the best...around Nicoya Gulf...no body even close to be as good as they are,,, David is a expat...but more costarican than anything else...we need more expats like he and his family!

roadadv isor

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
4. Re: Calypso Cruises

great advise thanks

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 82
5. Re: Calypso Cruises

I never had a chance to actually go on their tour (due to weather on the ocean - not fault of theres) but my tour did include a connection transfer from Manuel Antonio to San Jose and there was no help offered there.

If your tour includes a connection I would ask about a "plan B'. Otherwise they do have rave reviews - reason I booked them. I had done a connection before that was excellent so didn't even think of "what if" when you figured a company with rave reviews would deliver. Have to admit if I read a review such as mine I would of questioned them on "what if".... which I will in the future.

Edited: 6:06 pm, August 27, 2013
Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
6. Re: Calypso Cruises

We have asked about the bus from San Jose . We were advised to go to difference hotel for pick up,

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 82
7. Re: Calypso Cruises

I was in Manuel Antonio to be dropped off in San Jose at the lovely Adventure Inn (still love those people) although my drop off was to be down the street at the Country Inn as the bus apparently does not "fit" . ??

which really makes sense> Not sure if you are doing a day trip or transfer. Sounds like a great and good service provided by them if you do use them. My beef with this company was they did not inform me they cancelled and did not help with my transfer from MA to SJ which I paid for. To top it all off ...the refund was wrong.. so that just added fuel to the fire. The taxi from MA was more than double the $$$ a shuttle would cost. (they didn't even offer to help find one )

If your doing a day trip ... you really have noting to loose but of course your valuable vacation time. I went back to read their reviews since mine... seems transportation is there only fault on occasion,

Edited: 5:43 pm, August 30, 2013
Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
8. Re: Calypso Cruises

That is correct we are doing a day trip with them.

9. Re: Calypso Cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, September 10, 2013
10. Re: Calypso Cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 12, 2014