We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

last minute tour

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
last minute tour

I just found out that I have most of May 21st available to go on a day trip. Would love to see a volcano, coffee farm. But, it's after 5 pm here and I don't know where to start. Due to dental work, I couldn't plan. I've sent a few emails, but don't want to spend another day in San Jose before I leave on the 22nd.

Naranjo, Costa Rica
1. Re: last minute tour

Hi there!

If you don't care travel by public bus, you can take the bus to Volcan Poas departs at 8:30 from TUASA in San Jose. (less than $6 round trip) the entrance fee at Poas is $10.

Or you can take a bus to Naranjo at Terminal de la Coca Cola. The bus departs every 30 minutes, once in Naranjo ( 1hr away from San Jose) is really easy to get to The Coffee Tour Espiritu Santo ($22) the last tour is at 3:30pm. In Naranjo you can take the bus to Sarchi, you might be interested in the unique hand painted oxcarts, Sarchi is also a good place to buy souvenirs.

Hope this helps!

Good Luck!

Pura Vida!

- Jorge

www.cooltour.cr

Costa Rica
reviews: 23
2. Re: last minute tour

Jorge - I have been told that the Tuasa bus no longer goes to Poas.

Naranjo, Costa Rica
3. Re: last minute tour

Thanks for the update Hattie, I will call Tuasa tomorrow and post what I got..

Pura Vida!

Jorge

www.cooltour.cr

Canada
4. Re: last minute tour

Thanks all, I managed to get a tour of Poas Volcano, coffee farm and town with arts and crafts for Tuesday. I have muiltiple trip reports to compile and share from my great and not so great experiences here in Costa Rica. The latter are few and far between, but hopefully sharing will help other travelers.

5. Re: last minute tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 23, 2014