We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental car insurance and credit card coverage

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario's Near...
reviews: 11
Rental car insurance and credit card coverage

In general, are car rental agencies in Costa Rica accepting credit card insurance for collision and loss coverage? I seem to remember some companies being very insistent on requiring customers to purchase CDW. Anybody have recent first hand experience? Thaanks.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 57
11. Re: Rental car insurance and credit card coverage

Sunrayeh, if you would ask that question an answer will be given to you. By now you have surely read all the relevant info. Suspect nothing, come prepared. I wish you an excellent holiday in Costa Rica.

Ontario's Near...
reviews: 11
12. Re: Rental car insurance and credit card coverage

Thank you xelas!

San Jose, Costa Rica
reviews: 1
13. Re: Rental car insurance and credit card coverage

well, they should! Most of the car rental companies will try to sell to you their own insurance.

My recommendation is always call directly and ask for a total price including taxes and quoted with the insurance provide by your credit card.

My contact Luis from Dollar Rent a Car can help you, you can contact him by phone or hoteles@dollarcostarica.com.

Pittsburgh
14. Re: Rental car insurance and credit card coverage

I just posted on this as well! I was trying to rent with Mapache, and they told me they required a CERTIFIED (yep, all caps) letter from Visa to allow me to waive their CDW coverage. I emailed them the letter Visa provided, and was told they still couldn't authorize waiving their coverage. Maybe when I arrived it would be ok, but maybe not... That's not good enough for me, so I'm looking elsewhere.

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 9
15. Re: Rental car insurance and credit card coverage

Wise move, Stefst and good luck. Do return with a review of whoever you do go with.

16. Re: Rental car insurance and credit card coverage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, January 06, 2014