We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Jose area hotel for family with small child

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
San Jose area hotel for family with small child

Hi,

My family and I will be in San Jose area for 4 nights. We have a 3 year old boy. I have some meetings during the day at the university and at various government offices.

We are looking for a hotel where (i) I can get to those places (probably with a car that we hire) without too much difficulty and also where (ii) my wife and our son can spend some time in the day with enough space that he can run around a bit. We looked at Adventure Inn but I wonder if it is way too far outside the city. That is the right price though, give or take a bit.

Or, maybe there are nice areas near downtown with parks where he could run around? That would be good too.

Any ideas?

Edited: 9:12 pm, November 19, 2012
nebraska
reviews: 40
1. Re: San Jose area hotel for family with small child

I would suggest Hotel Bouganvilla in Heredia. The grounds are very nice and it's close in http://www.hb.co.cr

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: San Jose area hotel for family with small child

Bouganvilla is great if you're going to the UNA (National University)

it's a little far from the UCR (University of Costa Rica)

for UCR, things get a little tougher. Maybe you'd be able to commute from Bouganvillea, which come to think of it is great for yr wife and son...

New York
3. Re: San Jose area hotel for family with small child

Just a quick report: we stayed at Bougainvillea and it was fabulous. The huge garden was perfect for our young son to run around and play. Thanks @joyceh and @Eliot.

Costa Rica
reviews: 53
4. Re: San Jose area hotel for family with small child

We love and always stay at www.villasdelrio.com, as do most of our expat friends with kids when they need to stay in the city a few days. It's in Escazu, great location, with huge grounds, a kids park, and two pools. =) Wonderful, helpful staff too.

Orlando, Florida...
5. Re: San Jose area hotel for family with small child

The Adventure INN is kind of far away from the city, so I would not recommend it for that reason. Some hotels, such as Best Western Irazu, Wyndham San Jose Herradura, or the Aurola Inn in San Jose would be a better fit . They are not as close to the UCR (University of Costa Rica), but they are closer to mayor government buildings, and the university is still not that far with a car. Here are some more suggestions of hotels that can be a great suggestion for you: costaricadw.com/hotels_costa_rica/d/San_Jose… (Tennis Club might be good solution too).

Good luck.

6. Re: San Jose area hotel for family with small child

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 22, 2014