We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I night in San Jose to start and finish our honeymoon help!

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Collins...
reviews: 48
I night in San Jose to start and finish our honeymoon help!

Hi guys. We are heading to port Jim and cabo matapalo for our honeymoon, and need to start and finish our trip in San Jose. I am looking for a place for around $50 a night ( blew all our money on cabo matapalo rental) any recommendations on a fun place with a bar that's in a good part of town? Also we are leaving in 2 weeks so I'm getting nervous

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 20
1. Re: I night in San Jose to start and finish our honeymoon help!

Casa 69 is centrally located with rooms from $45/nite, http://www.casa69.com/

If your budget is tight however you are better off staying in Alajuela near the airport as the taxi fare from the airport to San Jose will be $25-30 each way. Check out http://alegriabandb.com/

Ottawa
reviews: 6
2. Re: I night in San Jose to start and finish our honeymoon help!

We stay at Hotel Brilla Sol in Alajuela...10 minutes from airport. Double room is $75 a night, which includes breakfast and shuttle service. Comfortable, nice Costa Rican owners, motel-style rooms, gated, restaurant/bar, lovely garden, pool. Not fancy, not sure what you mean by fun, but affordable. Good for a night stopover.

uk
reviews: 4
3. Re: I night in San Jose to start and finish our honeymoon help!

Hey there, wondered if you could tell me what you ended up doing for your honeymoon? We are planning our honeymoon and it will be the first time in Costa Rica for us...CANNOT WAIT - but also can't decide where to go based on weather.

We are travelling 30th November and leaving from Panama City just before Christmas, so we have around 2 weeks in CR....

Please share where you went to - just weighing up OSA and Manzanillo/Puerto Viejo areas which we had previously discounted based on weather. Any tips would be really appreciated as with holiday season I think we need to book ahead.

Thank you so much in advance, Steph

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 7
4. Re: I night in San Jose to start and finish our honeymoon help!

Aranjuez is a cheap and pleasant option and pretty centrally located but as crfan points out, staying near the airport or at a hotel with a free shuttle service might be more helpful to your budget.http://www.hotelaranjuez.com/roomsRates.html

Fort Collins...
reviews: 48
5. Re: I night in San Jose to start and finish our honeymoon help!

I have been to CR 5 times, been from the east to west coast. I have never been on a bad trip, but the osa is the place for me, not a lot of night life, if that's what your looking for but simple paradise! I did my honeymoon at casa dos rios, do your self a favor and book it. Awesome hosts, a bar within walking distance (not easy to do in the osa), and a 4x4 rental. That's all you need. Get your own grocerys, cook and drink. We stayed in PJ for a couple days to party be fore driving to Cabo Matapalo. If you need detailed advice just ask and have a good trip. Oh and the weather should be ok, just a little more exciting! Your going the same time I went last year. Last thing, the carribean side is a little ruff, not bad just different. I wouldn't do a honeymoon there.

6. Re: I night in San Jose to start and finish our honeymoon help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, July 19, 2014