We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Rica

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sault Ste. Marie...
Costa Rica

I'm looking for an all inclusive 5 star beautiful beach close to the airports in Costa rica - Can I have some help???? for Jan or Feb/2013

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 20
1. Re: Costa Rica

No all-inclusive resorts close to the airport in San Jose as it's in the middle of the country, remote from the beaches.

The only truly 5 star AI in Costa Rica is the Westin Playa Conchal which is close to the Liberia airport.

Sault Ste. Marie...
2. Re: Costa Rica

Thanks so much

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
3. Re: Costa Rica

Totally agree with crfan...westin playa conchal...nothing even close..1 hour ride from lir international airport

Roadavisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
4. Re: Costa Rica

Not AI, but both the Four Seasons and JW Marriott are also great beach resorts...

Silver Spring...
5. Re: Costa Rica

Hi,

I'm looking for any current info about the RCI property Taranova Villas Palmas which I understand is in La Uruca, a suburb of San Jose. Can anyone give quick advice about whether this place is nice? -- we have to choose it or let it go by tonight. Also, would this be a good place to stay for a week in order to take day trips to the Central Valley or the East Coast? Or, would it be better to station ourselves elsewhere?

We've booked a second week up in Coco Beach in order to see Guanacaste sights.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

MimiW2

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
6. Re: Costa Rica

The place is nice...for Costaricans standars not a HIGH END place...

Hopefully we are talikng about the same place...

200 Metres East, 100 Metres

South, Hotel Irazu, San Jose

La Uruca, Costa Rica

roadadvisor

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
7. Re: Costa Rica

Check tripadvisor reviews at tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g309293-d104765…

It is not a good base for exploring the Caribbean coast as it is a 3.5-4 hour drive to the nearest good beach in Cahuita.

Silver Spring...
8. Re: Costa Rica

Thanks for your response, roadadvisor -- this appears to be the same place.

Silver Spring...
9. Re: Costa Rica

Hi crfan,

The link you directed me to was exactly what I had been searching for. It was very helpful, so many thanks for leading me to it.

Your statement about this location not being good for visiting the Caribbean side of CR makes me wonder what's best. According to the link for Taranova Villas Palmas, people did think it was a good starting point for touring. But clearly, not as far as Cahuita. If you had 2 weeks to spend in CR and one was booked in Guanacaste, would you do day trips out of the San Jose area or post yourself further up toward the Caribbean side?

Thanks!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
10. Re: Costa Rica

I think you could be happy doing daytrips in an around the Central Valley assuming you are interested in checking out drives to the top of Poas and Irazu volcanos, coffee plantations (Doka is my favorite), waterfalls (LaPaz and Bajos del Toro, ziplines, wildlife hikes around Sarapiqui (LaSelva and Tirimbina) and for the adventurous - whitewater rafting on the Pacuare River. You can also take a daytrip to Carara reserve to check out crocodiles and scarlet macaws.

The Caribbean coast is my favorite corner of Costa Rica but it lacks many of the creature comforts of the Pacific coast resort areas. AC is rare and most inns do not have swimming pools.