We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Day In San Jose

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
reviews: 22
Christmas Day In San Jose

We will be staying in downtown San Jose from December 23rd thru the 26th. I was wondering what would open - museums, stores, tour operators, taxis and buses running. Will everything be shut down on Christmas Day?

Jaco, Costa Rica
1. Re: Christmas Day In San Jose

I was here last year but am going to States this year. Ghost town. I knew it was quiet so I didn't get out much and search out places that might be open so there could be a few places that I didn't know about. But I definitely would plan to entertain yourself on Christmas day.

Edited: 6:15 am, November 13, 2012
San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: Christmas Day In San Jose

Not much going on on Xmas day...a lot of people moving out of San Jose to visit...beaches, volcanos, etc...I bet you have never seen so many coolers on the cars roofs!

Merry Xmas...

roadadvisor

nj
reviews: 3
3. Re: Christmas Day In San Jose

I could be wrong, but I think Dec 26th is the Tope Caballos festival?

Jaco, Costa Rica
4. Re: Christmas Day In San Jose

Good call Valerie. The day after Christmas there will be activity around town. I might have my dates mixed up but I think the festival in Zapote starts that day too. The Tope is definitely worth seeing. Cowboys and cowgirls all over downtown San Jose last year.

5. Re: Christmas Day In San Jose

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, December 16, 2013