We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pavas vs SJO to downtown

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver
reviews: 21
Pavas vs SJO to downtown

Looking to fly into San Jose using Sansa of Nature Air, is there a significant difference in taxi cost/time to the Presidente Hotel? It looks like the Pavas airport is closer to downtown, but cannot tell from the posters...

Thanks!

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 7
1. Re: Pavas vs SJO to downtown

Pavas airport is a lot closer to San Jose central.

Denver
2. Re: Pavas vs SJO to downtown

Thanks, Sara! Nature Air had the lower cost flight as well, so this makes the decision much easier.

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
3. Re: Pavas vs SJO to downtown

Good!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
4. Re: Pavas vs SJO to downtown

Just a little cheaper taxi fare from Pavas Airport to San Jose...than from SJO...not much...

roadadvisor

Denver
5. Re: Pavas vs SJO to downtown

Booked nature air tickets, thanks Sara and RA

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
6. Re: Pavas vs SJO to downtown

Have a fantastic trip!

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 34
7. Re: Pavas vs SJO to downtown

I always like Hotel Colours in Pavas/Rohmoser. That is where I stay when I am in San Jose. It is close to both airports and does not have the congestion of downtown.

Tampa, FL
Destination Expert
for San Jose, Costa Rica
reviews: 1
8. Re: Pavas vs SJO to downtown

SJO is about 18km from where the Presidente is located downtown. Not sure about the exact distance but Pavas is only maybe 8-10kms away so the taxi so the cabfare should be only about half or $10-12 vs. ~$25. Whether that constitutes "just a little cheaper" or "not much" difference or not is a matter of opinion, but all other things not being equal (Nature Air offering lower airfares) IMHO this is really a no-brainer.

Also, an FYI, it may not matter to you, but I think you might want to know that Hotel Colours is a gay-friendly hotel and markets itself that way.

9. Re: Pavas vs SJO to downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, December 16, 2013