We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SJO to Los Yoses, San Jose at night by Taxi

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, Florida
reviews: 7
SJO to Los Yoses, San Jose at night by Taxi

Hi,

i am a solo female traveler and my flight arrives in SJO at almost 2am. Is it safe to take a taxi to Los yoses, San Jose that late in the night ? Thanks

Colorado
reviews: 11
1. Re: SJO to Los Yoses, San Jose at night by Taxi

Probably the safest time there is (no traffic and normally insane drivers are the biggest danger) as long as you know there will be someone waiting to let you indoors when you arrive in Los Yoses.

There is a taxi desk inside the airport (after immigration and customs but just before you leave the secure area) where you can tell them where you are going and they'll get the cab for you. Los Yoses is a fairly safe neighborhood where some of the embassies are located.

Tampa, Florida
2. Re: SJO to Los Yoses, San Jose at night by Taxi

Oh really?!! Awesome!! I should have the folks at the hostel waiting as I gave them my arrival time but will also call prior to getting there to make sure this is the case as well!

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: SJO to Los Yoses, San Jose at night by Taxi

Be sure to dealt ONLY with Orange taxis...they are the official taxis for SJO...the good thing among many...is that the dispatcher...will have a full record of who your driver will be...kind of car...plate number...etc...in case you forget somenthing...that will be very easy to located the item...

Just common sense...everything is going to be OK...and WELCOME to Costa Rica!

roadadvisor

Tampa, Florida
4. Re: SJO to Los Yoses, San Jose at night by Taxi

Hi,

About how much is the cost of the taxi from SJO to Los Yoses. I booked a cab service for $30. Is that ok or am I better off picking an orange cab for way less? Thanks!

5. Re: SJO to Los Yoses, San Jose at night by Taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, November 21, 2013