We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

central mountains in april

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
US
reviews: 28
central mountains in april

we are coming to Costa rica in early April 2013, flying to San Jose. Would like to National Parks there for scenic hiking trips. Where should we stay?

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: central mountains in april

If you look for nice hikes about 3 hours by car from SJO ...Monteverde increible nice hikes...from the mountain top at the Reserve...you can see Arenal Volcano and in the other direction the Gulf of Papagayo...that means that you will be at the Continential Division ...you will see Pacific and Atlantic areas for one location...I went there the last time maybe 2 weeks ago..

Reallly nice hikes...

Also you can do some amizing hikes around Arenal National Park...Ceerro Chato...La Fortuna Waterfall...El Silencio...and take a tour of Caño Negro a lot of wild life...Arenal is only 3 hours drive from SJO!

luis.

San Jose
reviews: 22
2. Re: central mountains in april

It would be nice to know how long you are staying. In CR to see the good stuff, it is not recommended to stay at just one place and visit from there, but to actually move around the country to see the different attractions at the different locations. Driving between places should be around 3 or so hours, depending on which places you are combining. If you let us know how long you are staying we can provide better information as to where to stay, but as road advisor says common areas include Arenal and Monteverde, especially if you like hiking. Rincon de la Vieja Volcano is also a great option.

guanacaste
reviews: 31
3. Re: central mountains in april

How long are you going to stay for?

US
4. Re: central mountains in april

We went and stayed in Arenal last year--and actually did all of the hikes you've mentioned! In monteverde someone told us it's too wet to hike. Is it true?

US
5. Re: central mountains in april

It'll be 7--8 days. We already did Arenal and lots of hikes in Guanacaste including Rincon.

San Jose, Costa Rica
6. Re: central mountains in april

Check the Sarapiqui Rain Forest Area for 2 or 3 nights and maybe combine it with a couple of nights at the Orosi Valley Area in Cartago and 2 at the San Gerardo de Dota Cloud Forest area.

Barrie, Canada
reviews: 34
7. Re: central mountains in april

Yup, the Orosi Valley and Tapanti National Park are what you are looking for. read this thread: tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g291982-i813-k56765…

San Jose, Costa Rica
8. Re: central mountains in april

Thank you CANATICO...your advice always the best...Go leafs!

roadadvisor

Barrie, Canada
reviews: 34
9. Re: central mountains in april

Thanks Roadie - but while I live clocer to Toronto than Ottawa now - I am actually a Sens fan! And of course Club Sport Cartago!

San Jose, Costa Rica
10. Re: central mountains in april

Sorry ...Go Sens!

Thank you any way...I enjoy so much reading your answers...and the love and respect you have for Costa Rica!

VIVA CARTAGO! SI SE PUEDE!!

roadadvisor