We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Hotels

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gaithersburg...
reviews: 23
Airport Hotels

I am looking for a Hotel close the airport. I also need it to be close to the Budget car rental. This will be our last night at the hotel. I need to drop my car off at the car rental place. Then i need a hotel that will give me ride to the Airport the next morning.

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
1. Re: Airport Hotels

I definitely recommend The Adventure Inn http://www.adventure-inn.com/ A clean place, bilingual, nice infinity pool and restaurant, and they shuttle you to the airport. They can also help you with the rental. I always recommend Eric and his staff, they never let me or the travelers down. #2 here on Trip Advisor.

Gaithersburg...
2. Re: Airport Hotels

thanks. I'll check it. out.

I'm just wondering how far this hotel is from Budget rental car. How would i handle this? Drop the car of at Budget and then take a taxi to to hotel?

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 16
3. Re: Airport Hotels

The hotels closes to the airport are the Holiday inn Express

hiexpress.com/hotels/…hoteldetail

and The Hampton Inn and Suites

…hilton.com/en/…index.html

These 2 hotel are in the same lot - about 2 minutes from SJO airport. There is a shuttle to and from the airport that runs 24 hours a day.

raquel

Gaithersburg...
4. Re: Airport Hotels

i made the reservation at Adventure inn and then saw the fine print. i thought they didn't allow kids under 15 to stay here. Then i called them. They said that kids under 15 can't stay by them selves.

Phew! I thought i was going to have to go Holiday Inn Exp. Holiday Inn Exp didn't have the good feedback as Adventure Inn.

Grecia, Costa Rica
5. Re: Airport Hotels

You will have a great time there, anything that isn't to your satisfaction, Eric will make right. The staff count on your positive experience converting to a positive review on TA, and it really doesn't have the plastic feel of the chain inns (no offense to Raquel, she did suggest them for convenience to the airport).

Enjoy your holiday, and absorb some Pura Vida.

Gaithersburg...
6. Re: Airport Hotels

i read the feed back on Holiday Inn Exp. They charge $22 to take you to the Airport. Sheesh. What's the use of staying that close if you still have to pay?

Also at Adventure inn I might be able to just leave my rental car on their lot. It depends on what Budget will allow.

Thanks for the Tip Cajon Traveler.

Grecia, Costa Rica
7. Re: Airport Hotels

You are more than welcome. Be sure to document any scratches, dents, damage on the car when you pick it up (in daylight or a well lit garage) and if you leave it, perhaps take a few digital pics of the car to use if challenged. Budget has had a few bad raps lately here on the Forum, you might want to reconsider, the hotel can make alternative suggestions.

Now if the rain gods will only cooperate for you.

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 16
8. Re: Airport Hotels

Although I agree with cajon about small hotels having more character than chains and I am sure you will be happy at the Adventure Inn, I am not sure where you are reading that the Holiday Inn Express SJO charges $22 to get you to the airport. (Are you sure you are not looking at one in San Jose California?? or else perhaps the price to take you to Pavas the other airport which is about 20 minutes away)

I have taken that free shuttle to and from SJO many times from the airport without even staying at the Hotel.

Also if you look at their website they clearly states

"You'll love the free 24-hour airport shuttle, wireless Internet access, daily breakfast ........ "

pura vida

raquel

San Jose, Costa Rica
9. Re: Airport Hotels

Totally agree ...for the best hotel next to SJO Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn...real hotels...and FRRE shuttle In and Out...the terminal is just 1km away...and just 3 minutes by car...I just call them and verify...I talk to front desk and they reconfirm what Raquel is saying the shuttle is FREE...and again that is a real Airport hotel Free Continental breakfast...nice location!

You can walk to Rosti Pollo next door...great food!

BUDGET is just 4 minutes walking from Holiday ...

roadadvisor

Edited: 7:26 pm, August 10, 2012
Grecia, Costa Rica
10. Re: Airport Hotels

"i made the reservation at Adventure inn"..the traveler has decided not to stay at a plastic hotel chain, and Rosti Pollo, better meals at a local soda..IMHO.