We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay with little ones.

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Canada
reviews: 8
Where to stay with little ones.

Hi all.

We will be spending the first two days of our vacation in San Jose. We would like to explore the market, check out the childrens museum and just wander around a bit.

Any tips as to a good mid range hotel or B&B in walking distance to these things.

Thanks for the help

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 9
1. Re: Where to stay with little ones.

I'd stay out of town with little ones - you might sleep better without the noise and bustle of the city center. To bus into town from Alajuela is simple and cheap. Have a great trip!

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
2. Re: Where to stay with little ones.

Sara is right, there is noise, traffic, and a general hustle of people everywhere, but that's part of the charm of San Jose Centro. For someplace to be comfortable, secure, and close to the museums and pedestrian walkway/Central Mercado I would suggest the Hotel Don Carlos tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g309293-d300214…

with a family friendly old colonial style hotel, good food and delicious (included) breakfast to help you get on your way. Rooms are good size, comfortable beds, hot water as needed and a friendly vibe throughout.

If you have time, take a stroll through the Teatro Nacional with the oldest coffee shop in Central America, it's located in the central square. You might consider an easy walk about with Barrio Bird to see some great architecture (kids enjoy it too) www.toursanjosecostarica.com/index.html Oh, of course Pops Ice Cream for sure!

Have a great trip.

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: Where to stay with little ones.

The Holiday Inn is right downtown area...good location...some central locations you have to be kind of carefull...since are popular places for some sportfisherman showing the catch of the day...is what you call in America dirty old men!

roadadvisor

Telluride, CO
reviews: 10
4. Re: Where to stay with little ones.

You know there is a great hotel right downtown that has done a great job with sound proofing their windows. It's called Hotel Presidente. I have stayed there a lot and I have never had a problem with sleeping and noise. They have a great breakfast and the beds are comfortable. If you do want to be out of town a little there is a really nice unique hotel called Finca Rosa Blanca. They do a wonderful job. They sit on a coffee plantation, they grow a lot of their own food and they have hired a chef who used to be the executive chef for Lin Blad. Top notch!

San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
reviews: 77
5. Re: Where to stay with little ones.

My sister and I stayed at the Hotel Presidente a couple weeks ago - we had 1 night in San Jose before our flight out and wanted something central. We really liked this hotel and the location is good. It is located on a corner, and one side is on a pedestrian-only street, so great for walking places from the hotel. We would have liked to have stayed longer.

6. Re: Where to stay with little ones.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, August 21, 2013