We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM at Pavos Airport?

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
reviews: 28
ATM at Pavos Airport?

Hello,

We'll be arriving at the International Airport in San Jose. We'll use the ATM to get cash at the baggage claim.

The next day we are flying out of San Jose Pavas on Nature Air. Is there an atm at that airport, too?

Although we'll be charging our hotel stays, etc. I want to make sure we have enough money for tips. So, I'd like to hit the ATM again before we fly to Lapa Rios.

Thank you!

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
1. Re: ATM at Pavos Airport?

No, Pavas does not have an ATM.

Philadelphia...
2. Re: ATM at Pavos Airport?

Thank you! If the max withdrawl doesn't seem like enough money at the International airport, do you have a suggestion on where to go this next am? We're staying overnight at Villa Blanca and leaving in the am from Pavos. We'll have a driver taking us to the airport is there a particular place that we shopped stop on the way?

Lake Havasu City...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 4
3. Re: ATM at Pavos Airport?

If you are spending the night near airport, just have your driver take you to bank just outside of airport exit, upstairs, before heading to Pavas. If not, just ask hotel for nearest bank.

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
4. Re: ATM at Pavos Airport?

I recommend the AM PM chain of quick stop stores, like a 7 Eleven with class. They are abundant, the driver will know where one is, and there are usually 2 Atms in each store. One is usually BAC San Jose, the other HSBC, one will accept your debit card, as my Canadian card is always accepted. Cubanons suggestion about the bank works as well, just don't get caught in a line, plus the AM PM is a good pit and snack stop.

Have a good flight.

Philadelphia...
5. Re: ATM at Pavos Airport?

Thank you! I just don't want to be stuck in the rainforest and run out of cash for tips!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
6. Re: ATM at Pavos Airport?

Just ask your driver...manye places from SJO to PAvas Tobias Bolaños to get money even banks on the way...a good driver will know for sure where to stop..

Thank you for visitn our country,,,

roadadvisor

Philadelphia...
7. Re: ATM at Pavos Airport?

Thanks for everyone's help. It has been years since I've been back to Costa Rica and I can't wait to return. Husband's first trip. We hope to see the howler monkeys and sloths!

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 110
8. Re: ATM at Pavos Airport?

We had a long layover at Pavas and were suprised there was no ATM. There use to be and even the taxi drivers thought there still was. If you are desperate and stuck at Pavas you can always get a cash advance from a cc at the same desk you pay your exit fee. Most cc have fees for this so usually not a great option. I was with friends who were out of cash and we were flying to Nosara. The banks in some of those remote areas don't take some of the Wells Fargo cards so they really needed cash.

9. Re: ATM at Pavos Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, August 21, 2013