We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Packing

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fishkill, New York
reviews: 1
Packing

We are heading to CR next week and will be in MA and Arenal. Since I always tend to overpack I am working on just bringing what we might need. My question is do you think we might need light jackets next week in CR. Thanks

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Packing

Maybe a very light kind of golf jacket for Arenal...you really do not need it...but just in case...and they do not take to much space !!

roadadvisor

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Washington
reviews: 7
2. Re: Packing

A light rain shell can come in handy. Mountain evenings & mornings can be cool, so a light sweater or fleece is nice too. It's now the rainy season in CR.

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 9
3. Re: Packing

I find San Jose can be close to chilly at night - I'd go for sodomojo's sweater and a rainjacket - maybe something that can fold up if you're tight on space. Any clothes that will dry out fast are probably better than jeans or heavy material.

Have a great trip!

Berkeley Heights...
reviews: 4
4. Re: Packing

We were in Arenal last month. 70's at night and humid. Will need some type of light rain shell as it rained a good amount at random times, especially if you are out on a tour. During the day it was mild/warm humid and cloudy low 80's.

MA was hotter and sunnier, with afternoon clouds and rain. Again rain shell could come in handy if you are caught out in the late afternoon or at dinner.

Light sweater or long sleeves can be good enough for night time temps in Arenal. But mostly mild over 70

Pants, linen or other light material can come in handy when u go out at night for mosquito control although they were typo bad when we were there.

5. Re: Packing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, July 23, 2013