We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Jose International Airport (SJO) to Pavas w/ Nature Air

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
China MI
reviews: 74
San Jose International Airport (SJO) to Pavas w/ Nature Air

Hi everyone. I will be in CR late December thru the second week of January. The last part of my trip we will be staying at La Paloma in Drake Bay. We will be flying Nature Air this part of the trip and I need to know what is the best way to get from Pavas airport to SJO San Jose International? Would it be taxi? If so about how much US would that cost and about how long of a drive, this would be on a Saturday. Do they have a shuttle? If so does that run every 1/2 hr etc & how much does that cost, need RSVP etc? Also, Nature Air has 2 different flights, one arriving Pavas at 10:20am & 12:40pm. My flight home from SJO to the US departs @ 3:30. Which Nature Air flight would you recommend. Not sure if the 12:40 flight would cut it too close as we will have baggage to check.

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
1. Re: San Jose International Airport (SJO) to Pavas w/ Nature Air

I would recommend the earlier flight at 10:20AM to be sure, which will allow for some possible delay. As to transport between airports, N/Air has a great shuttle service at no extra cost (just a driver tip if warranted) and takes under 30 mins in regular traffic. Best and most cost efficient way to go. Have a great holiday.

China MI
2. Re: San Jose International Airport (SJO) to Pavas w/ Nature Air

Thanks for the reply. By chance do you know if that shuttle leaves at set times or do you have to reserve when you book your flight?

Grecia, Costa Rica
3. Re: San Jose International Airport (SJO) to Pavas w/ Nature Air

The shuttle is always in motion, and seems to be well timed based on arrivals, so you won't have long to wait. No need to book the shuttle, but you can ask N/Air to make a note on your reservation that you will require the shuttle. Again, the trip should be without a hitch, and you are in the dry season, but road construction, or a delayed departure from Drake can make a really great flight over some beautiful scenery uncomfortable. With the earlier flight you should be fine.

China MI
4. Re: San Jose International Airport (SJO) to Pavas w/ Nature Air

Thanks again. We'll take the first flight and the free Nature Air shuttle. Do you know if English is spoken at the Pavas airports. I'm sure both the Pavas & Drake Bay airports are very small and my husband & I don't want to run into any problems since we don't speak Spanish. Wasn't sure if signs there would be in English too.

Grecia, Costa Rica
5. Re: San Jose International Airport (SJO) to Pavas w/ Nature Air

Most signs will be in English as N/Air is a very customer savvy company, and the desk staff generally speak it as well. Pavas is the hub for the airline and staff are first rate. You can have the desk connect you to the Customer Service team in SJ who are fully bilingual if you run into difficulty, or better still, other passengers or airport employees are often available to help. There isn't a friendlier country than Costa Rica.

China MI
6. Re: San Jose International Airport (SJO) to Pavas w/ Nature Air

Thank you for your time & helpfulness. We can't wait to visit and are looking forward to a great time!

Grecia, Costa Rica
7. Re: San Jose International Airport (SJO) to Pavas w/ Nature Air

You are most welcome, and thank you for coming to share our beautiful country. One last point, there is a reasonably priced cafeteria upstairs at Pavas if you need a break (washrooms as well) or the driver can stop at a quick stop style place (AM PM here in CR) for a pop or water. Just ask before you leave and he will take good care of you. Pura Vida.

San Jose, Costa Rica
8. Re: San Jose International Airport (SJO) to Pavas w/ Nature Air

During sundays the traffic is not bad at all...around 25 minutes...thank you for visiting our great country and hopefully you enjoy it as mucha sa we natives do!

A lot of Costaricans like me we love to practice our English...do not worry somebody at Pavas will help you in English...!

roadadvisor

Saint Augustine...
reviews: 1
9. Re: San Jose International Airport (SJO) to Pavas w/ Nature Air

hi there! i am reading all the posts regarding travelling t/from SJO to N/Air. If we are arriving at SJO at 1230pm, so you think it would be possible to get a flight from N/Air at 1330? That is only 1 hour...do you think that would be enough time to get off the plane, get our luggage and catch the shuttle to the N/Air airport to get on the flight at 1330?? We have that option otherwise we have to rent a car...any thoughts on trying to make that flight vs renting a car (travel would be from SJO to Playa Conchal/Tamarindo)?

Your response would be most helpful. We are travellling at the beginning of May

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
10. Re: San Jose International Airport (SJO) to Pavas w/ Nature Air

Definitely not enough time.

You can figure it will take you about an hour to get out of the airport - 45 minutes maybe - and then it's 20-30 minutes to the Pavas airport for Nature Air and you have to be there at least 30 minutes ahead of your flight.

What were you thinking? lol... For that to work you would need a Star Trek transporter!

You could rent a car, take the shared van shuttle or arrange private transportation or take the public bus.

Edited: 10:33 am, March 16, 2013