We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dental Tourism in Costa Rica....

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Waxhaw NC
reviews: 40
Dental Tourism in Costa Rica....

Has anyone used or know someone who has used Colina dental practice in Costa Rica? Please tell me what you know about them.

223 replies to this topic
JENSEN BEACH
reviews: 30
1. Re: Dental Tourism in Costa Rica....

Didn't use Colina, I chose NOVA Dental Clinic and could not be more pleased with them. Fantastic correspondence prior to the trip. The Cleanest Dental practice I have ever been in! Both Dentists were hands on every step of the way, even the cleaning was done by the Dentist. I never had to wait and they even called taxis to be sure I did not have to wait and that the driver knew where to take me! Really, the Dentist walks out with you to the taxi! With cleaning, whitening, an extraction, sinus lift, 2 implants and 4 crowns I expected to be pretty miserable! Very pleasantly surprised when I only had one afternoon and night of discomfort. They had the most up to date equipment (makes me wonder why the dentists in FL still use outdated xray equipment etc) My experience with NOVA will make it difficult for me to ever be pleased by a US dentist! Every Staff Member goes out of their way to ensure the comfort of their Patients.

Seattle
2. Re: Dental Tourism in Costa Rica....

There are really a number of excellent quality clinics in Costa Rica. It comes down to who communicates the best and who you are most comfortable with, but it is good to keep in mind that the cheapest is usually not the best.

I would recommend visiting a implantologist, prosthodontist or maxilofacial surgeon only, and you can see all the licensed practioners in Costa Rica here:

colegiodentistas.org/cms2/index.php…

You can see all suspended licenses here:

colegiodentistas.org/cms2/index.php…

Here are a couple good clinics and a site to compare them on:

http://www.dentalimplantscr.com/

http://www.dentalcosmeticscr.com/

http://www.dentaldepartures.com/dentists/costa+rica

Good luck!

JENSEN BEACH
reviews: 30
3. Re: Dental Tourism in Costa Rica....

Good sites. Still I prefer Personal Experience with specific Professionals. I did contact some former Patients to verify testimonials before I chose NOVA Dental. I felt confident after Individuals gave me their first hand reviews.

Waxhaw NC
reviews: 40
4. Re: Dental Tourism in Costa Rica....

Thank you both so much.

Disney World...
reviews: 23
5. Re: Dental Tourism in Costa Rica....

I too am seeking the best place to get Implants. I intend on a total mouth restoration with a full mouth implant (about 12 - 14 implants) I am seeking ones who have already been to a dental facility in Costa Rica, as I am a little fearful of the hororo stories I been hearing. Any good advice my friends?

Frankfort, Illinois
reviews: 1
6. Re: Dental Tourism in Costa Rica....

Listen to me i will hook you up rite. This is from personal experience.

Dr Annette Marme and Dr. Prada.

whatclinic.com/restorative-dentists/costa-ri…

(CLICK ON STAFF ON TOP OF PAGE)

(Dr. Marme still has a VALID License in my state of Illinois.

Edited: 2:15 pm, May 10, 2012
Frankfort, Illinois
reviews: 1
7. Re: Dental Tourism in Costa Rica....

Here is a nice place to stay at a great price. I couldn't edit my post above

http://www.bedandbreakfastcr.com/

Finally both dentist are recomended by our .Embassy in San Jose Costa Rica. You can verify this by goiing to U.S. Embassy San Jose Costa Rica Website and clicking on Medical list.

3 years stationed at U.S. Embassy San Jose Costa Rica

Disney World...
reviews: 23
8. Re: Dental Tourism in Costa Rica....

Thanks Dude, I appreciate you

9. Re: Dental Tourism in Costa Rica....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:48 am, July 14, 2012

Parksville, Canada
10. Re: Dental Tourism in Costa Rica....

I don't know if you have already made your decision but I have just returned from Dr. Anglada's in San Jose Costa Rica and was very impressed with the treatment I had. I had 2 implants, 2 grafts to prepare for implants some crowns and veneers on upper front. They are beautiful and look very natural.

I was a little afraid at first of going down there on my own and having so much work done but all fears were calmed when I discovered that most of the people in my hotel were also seeing Dr. Anglada and his partner Dr. Castro. Some had been coming there for years and have made them thier regular dentist.

I look forward to going back.

Reply to: Dental Tourism in Costa Rica....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted