We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, Florida
reviews: 32
Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

Planning a trip to San Jose in January and wanted to use Interbus to go from San Jose to Jaco/Herradura area. Has anyone recently used them and how was the service...Would you recomened them to use while in country...Any info would be greatly appreciated...

28 replies to this topic
Honduras
reviews: 1
21. Re: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

Interbus is unreliable. I just got back and had booked a trip from Potrero to San Jose. They told me repeatedley it would get to airport by 12 noon. WHen I got on bus driver said NO WAY it will not get there until 1:30. My flight was at 2. I was livid. I talked to Alex at the office and he was very unhelpful. I have an email confirming 12 arrival. They lie. If i would have known it would be 1:30 I would have gone the day before. I would not recommend using them.

Costa Rica
reviews: 24
22. Re: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

sangerthal: So what happened? Did you miss your flight?

Riverside...
reviews: 2
23. Re: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

Great way to travel! Had no problems, entire experience was professional and prompt. Our driver Guillermo was fantastic! He spoke little English, but really made sure we had a good time on our 4hr ride from San Jose to Cahuita. On our stop half-way, Guillermo purchased the girls a flower made from banana leaf...he made our ride fun! We met some great people on our shuttle and would definitely use Interbus again

Los Angeles...
reviews: 11
24. Re: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

I used them and liked them. My big comment would be I couldn't figure out how to use their website.

The definitive way to make a reservation was to e mail the direct.

Here is the e mail address:

reservacionesinterbus@gmail.com

Toronto, Canada
25. Re: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

This is an excellent and reliable company with very professional service and superb customer service. Highly recommend it!

Walbrzych, Poland
26. Re: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

Interbus are great! We left a small piece of luggage in the van on our way to Tortugero. We called them immediately after coming to an island and the next day our lost baggage was there! They planned everything perfectly together with Mawamba Lodge (the way to Tortugero from Arenal is quite complex as you first need to go to meeting point which is a restaurant, then picked up by Mawamba Lodge's transport and then you go to Tortugero on boats!). A thousand times yes to this company!

Edited: 11:04 am, January 09, 2014
Puerto Viejo de...
27. Re: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

Hi we have made very bad experiences working with Interbus. They just don't turn up and say we haven't done a reservation when calling. Also just today some guests from our Cabinas were waiting outside. The bus passed but didn't pick them up even they were waiving at the driver. I called Interbus to say that the bus just passed and if they could call the driver to turn around and pick up my guest and they wouldn't. They would also in this case not help at all to find another solution put instead hang up the phone.

Very disapointing. We will never ever again work with them.

JENSEN BEACH
reviews: 32
28. Re: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

I also had a "not great" exp with them coming from Punta Uva back to Escazu...maybe the driver/s for the Caribbean Coast need to get some addtl Customer Service training? I had read so many good reviews? My Driver was 40 minutes late picking me up and then instead of dropping me at the previously agreed upon location in Escazu he left me in downtown San Jose late at night for me to figure out getting a taxi to Escazu. Suddenly his English was not so good, disconcerting and not as advertised....If I did ever use them again I would be sure to limit it to daylight hours.

Reply to: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted