We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, Florida
reviews: 32
Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

Planning a trip to San Jose in January and wanted to use Interbus to go from San Jose to Jaco/Herradura area. Has anyone recently used them and how was the service...Would you recomened them to use while in country...Any info would be greatly appreciated...

28 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 74
11. Re: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

I used the interbus service last month and loved it. They are not tour guides but drivers.

On my way from San Jose to MA a couple that had already been to MA ( it was my first time) ... had told me a monkey story as I had told them how excited I was to see the monkeys.

After dropping off everyone ... I was the last stop ... the driver stopped to point out a monkey for me. I was thrilled. He obviously heard our conversation and realized how much this would of thrilled me.

It's a great service.

Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 14
12. Re: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

Very friendly drivers and this company is very solid. They were always on time for me. Its true the drivers have very limited English but that really doesn't matter. You have reservations and they take you exactly where you are booked to go.

London
reviews: 5
13. Re: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

I have just had a bad experience with Interbus. The journey from San Jose to Monteverde took 5 hours, that's even longer than the regular bus. We had to spend a lot of time waiting around in various places. When I complained, they didn't even bother responding! The journey cost me $40, when the bus would only have been $4 and would have been quicker! Not good!

14. Re: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 pm, February 29, 2012

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
reviews: 28
15. Re: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

Shared shuttles are just that, they stop on the way to pick up people and sometimes have to wait. Private transfer or own rent a car are the best but the price is higher..

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 3
16. Re: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

I am a solo female traveler, and I used Interbus to get from San Jose to Monteverde, and then from Monteverde to Montezuma in Feb 2013. Drivers were on time, professional, and kept us safe and sound (and stopped to show us howler monkeys and the sunset on the way). I would definitely recommend Interbus!!

San Jose, Costa Rica
reviews: 1
17. Re: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

very good company...

Corolla, North...
reviews: 42
18. Re: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

We were very pleased with the Interbus transportation. True the drivers didn't all speak English and our Spanish is poor but we were able to communicate. Drivers were all courteous and helpful. Was a great way to see the countryside on our first visit. It's not expensive but a $40 trip on Interbus would probably be less than $10 on the regular buses. Just alot less people and the AC will most likely work!

It is true they only pick up and drop off at certain hotels. We just found a hotel nearby when ours wasn't on the list.. Pura Vida!

harrisburg
reviews: 42
19. Re: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

On the negative side-the website is the most confusing thing I've ever seen and the chat and phone response are non-existent. Fortunately they do respond to emails fairly quickly.

Rides/pickups/busses are good on the plus side.

Be sure to book well in advance.

JENSEN BEACH
reviews: 31
20. Re: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

I had an "OK" exp with Interbus. I was picked up 40 min late in Punta Uva at my lodging after calling the office and being assured he was on his way. Not a big deal as I was returning to Escazu to a pre booked lodging. Arriving at 10pm in San Jose, the driver insisted I get out on a very dark city street as it was "as far as I go". My pre arranged travel was to be dropped off in Escazu. It was very disconcerting standing on a dark city street waiting for a taxi to come along after the driver just drove off! Had this happened in daylight I would have been not thrilled but ok with it as I find San Jose easy to navigate in the daytime. While I may use Interbus again, it will never be for a nightime arrival!

Reply to: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted