We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, Florida
reviews: 40
Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

Planning a trip to San Jose in January and wanted to use Interbus to go from San Jose to Jaco/Herradura area. Has anyone recently used them and how was the service...Would you recomened them to use while in country...Any info would be greatly appreciated...

28 replies to this topic
Lake Havasu City...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 6
1. Re: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

Best shared transport in the country.

Tampa, Florida
reviews: 40
2. Re: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

sounds good so far .....

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
3. Re: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

Definitely Interbus is good. You can find tons of recommendations for them on this forum.

Lake Havasu City...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 6
4. Re: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

Don't hesitate to use them. good vans, drivers,on time!

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
reviews: 3
5. Re: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

I live here and use it frequently to get around the country. Inexpensive, reliable, and professional.

San Jose, Costa Rica
6. Re: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

San Jose to Jaco about 1 hour drive...hard not to have a good service...Interbus is a good company...highly recommend!

roadadvsior

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 12
7. Re: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

I've used many times as well. Never had any problems.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
8. Re: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

Great company, no worries

Cheers

London, United...
reviews: 2
9. Re: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

We have just come back from Costa Rica and found Interbus to be ok at best. Things to be aware of:

1) Drivers speak no English - so if you do not speak spanish, then you will have difficulty. We did not realise this (stupidly), and did not think it would matter, but it does because they never just pick you up and take you to your destination - there is always a good deal of 'getting out and waiting here for a bit' or stopping for coffee or bathrooms, or changing busses in random car parks, and so it would be nice to understand what you are being told.

2) They will take a hotel to hotel booking - but when you get in the bus - they will then tell you that they won't take you to the hotel you booked for. We had a very stressful transfer coming back into San Jose - which was not only two hours late arriving in San Jose - but they would only drop us at the Intercontinental. Worse - they took us all the way into San Jose - then made us change busses, which then drove us back out of San Jose to the intercontinental dropping us off last and driving round and round for an hour unable to communicate with the driver. At the end of six hours in the bus (which should have been four) and with a driver from the hotel we were actually staying at waiting for us at the intercontinental, we were about ready to explode when we were finally dropped off.

I hope this helps you not make the same mistakes as we did.

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
10. Re: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica

I don't know why you would need your driver to speak English. He picks you up, you tell him where you are going, he checks your name on his list and away he goes. When there is a rest stop, he will park and get out at a restaurant somewhere. Then, everybody gets back in the van. Do you also expect taxi drivers to speak English?

As for not taking you to your hotel - I don't understand this. If you have reservations for transport from a hotel to another hotel, they pick you up at your origin and take you to your destination. They will sometimes have to make a stop to change vans due to scheduling or logistical things.

I am sorry you had such a difficult experience. But hundreds of thousands of people have taken an Interbus van with no problem - including me.

If your concerns are worrying for someone anticipating this trip, perhaps they should hire a private driver who speaks English and takes you when and where you want to go.

Reply to: Interbus- use/reviews in Costa Rica
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted