We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deans Costa Rica 4x4 Rentals

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Windsor, Colorado
reviews: 1
Deans Costa Rica 4x4 Rentals

Has anyone rented from Dean's? http://www.renta4x4incostarica.com/

84 replies to this topic
Pensacola, Florida
reviews: 56
1. Re: Deans Costa Rica 4x4 Rentals

do some searching mixed reviews here...

www.wild-rider.com better reviews prices for most

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: Deans Costa Rica 4x4 Rentals

Never ever heard anything about them good or bad...nothing at all...

Dealing with unknown rent a cars is like gambling...you better go with a reputable company...I do not think the owner MBA have nothing to do with the cars...

Dealt with the big guys, or a Costarican company... ALAMO...AVIS...HERTZ...DOLLAR...TOYOTA...NATIONAL...BUDGET

roadadvisor

Windsor, Colorado
reviews: 1
3. Re: Deans Costa Rica 4x4 Rentals

Thanks for the information, going with Europcar.

San Jose, Costa Rica
4. Re: Deans Costa Rica 4x4 Rentals

You are welcome...

roadadvisor

Rockford, Illinois
reviews: 9
5. Re: Deans Costa Rica 4x4 Rentals

Rented thru Dean's 2 years ago. Super efficient, excellent service both on email setting up and at airport picking up car. Car good shape, tires good, no problems at all. Drove to Arenal and Down to Osa Carate and no problems anywhere. Highly recommend. His staff excellent too. Returned our phone call re: Long Distance phone card within 10 minutes. Highly impressed. Wendy

6. Re: Deans Costa Rica 4x4 Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:39 pm, May 27, 2011

7. Re: Deans Costa Rica 4x4 Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:39 pm, May 27, 2011

Westminster...
reviews: 33
8. Re: Deans Costa Rica 4x4 Rentals

Horrible, deinitely do NOT rent from them. The 4x4 we rented from them in December 2010 was a complete wreck and we barely made it back. The automatic transmission was shot and we had a hard time keeping it in any gear, the defroster didn't work, luggage area leaks in the rain, was leaking oil and the windows didn't go down. We ended up driving with the car doors OPEN on the way back to keep from passing out from heat exhaustion. I never heard back from them when I let them know I felt we should get a refund.

Winter Garden...
reviews: 12
9. Re: Deans Costa Rica 4x4 Rentals

I have sent them a couple of emails this week with no reply yet......... Have you received any replies from them?

San Jose, Costa Rica
10. Re: Deans Costa Rica 4x4 Rentals

That most be good enough sign not to deal with a company that do not answer mails..can you imagine how they take care of the old fleet!

Maybe time to start looking for a good rent a car...we have a lot of them!

roadadvisor

Reply to: Deans Costa Rica 4x4 Rentals
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted