We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cosmetic Dentistry In Costa Rica Dental Tourism

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 1
Cosmetic Dentistry In Costa Rica Dental Tourism

Anyone had Porcelain Veneers or any other type of Cosmetic Dental work in Costa Rica?

I've been doing research for Porcelain Veneers and narrowed it down to these 3 dentists listed below, they all have websites. Anyone has used them or has pictures they can email me? (st5777@yahoo.com) Thanks.

Prisma Dental Care

Kaver Smiles

Meza Dental Care

90 replies to this topic
Alaska
71. Re: Cosmetic Dentistry In Costa Rica Dental Tourism

Has anyone had any work done by Dr. Federico Rubinstein? I am to return to CR for the crown completion of some implants done by Dr. Anglada (of which I had a great experience) but am very hesitant at getting Federico Rubinstein to do them. I did not find any where near the professionalism, cleanliness and quality that I found with Anglada when I went to his (Rubinsteins) office to get a filling and consult for the crowns back in march 2013. I've found no post on this site about him. Thinking about returning and making plans, but am not confident with Rubinstein at all, his assistant was texting while holding the water wand, and water poured down my back. As well it took him 4 xrays to try to get the margin on a small filling correct (of which I still have a hook on it) I've never had a dentist take xray after xray to get things right. He has all the technology, but I kept hearing the generator go on an off in the other room of his rented space. Kinda weird it was, especially after such an amazing experience at Dr. Anglada's office.

Any advice?

Washington DC...
reviews: 35
72. Re: Cosmetic Dentistry In Costa Rica Dental Tourism

Cornelius,

Currently Dr. Siu Leng Chan is attending at Prisma Dental http://prismadental.com/our-dentists/ and I agree she is amazing !

Texas
73. Re: Cosmetic Dentistry In Costa Rica Dental Tourism

Stay with Dr Anglada! I just finished 2 years with he and Dr Castro and everything is perfect. I've spoken with many others who feel the same too. Don't even think about changing roads at this point when you've had the best!

I have many stories - send me an IM

JENSEN BEACH
reviews: 31
74. Re: Cosmetic Dentistry In Costa Rica Dental Tourism

Many great Dentists in San Jose/Escazu area. No one or two individuals are the "only ones". The ones to be wary of are the Bad ones and a bit of research will help to weed those out. Remember Cheapest is not always a good thing. As Scott has spoken to many who believe Anglada and Castro are excellent, I have spoken to many who say the same about Obando and Chavarria at NOVA Dental. My experiences with NOVA was excellent as Scott's were with his Dentists. Thankfully these first hand experiences can help others. I have now personally referred five others to NOVA and all are beyond pleased. I am thrilled to have found the Costa Rica alternative to ridiculously overpriced Dental Care.

Olympia, WA
reviews: 3
75. Re: Cosmetic Dentistry In Costa Rica Dental Tourism

Did you eventually get your dental work done in Costa Rica? My husband is looking at an All on 5 procedure for top and bottom. I want to make sure the work is done right. I have been emailing folks at Meza and wondering about other options as well.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Costa Rica
reviews: 23
76. Re: Cosmetic Dentistry In Costa Rica Dental Tourism

Nova and DentaVac are just two of several that come highly recommended.

Oregon
reviews: 3
77. Re: Cosmetic Dentistry In Costa Rica Dental Tourism

Not sure if you are still looking for info Ginney, but my husband and I just got back from cr two weeks ago. He had all uppers extracted except two molars on each side and 7 implants placed. He will be going back in September for a final prosthesis. He saw Dr. Prada and Gonzalez. I was with him every step of the way and we had a great experience. You can read day by day about our trip at www.thedentaltourist.blogspot.com. This is not an ad for any dentist, just a blog about his experience.

Edited: 8:40 pm, February 03, 2014
78. Re: Cosmetic Dentistry In Costa Rica Dental Tourism

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:42 am, February 20, 2014

Key West
reviews: 1
79. Re: Cosmetic Dentistry In Costa Rica Dental Tourism

I used Nova to get 4 (very) impacted wisdom teeth taken out last November and Dr. Luis was awesome. He initially told me the procedure would take 1:15 hours and this was very actuate. He also impressed me by changing the music 10 minutes into the procedure realizing it was a little to upbeat, Latin music for me to feel comfortable while going through the process. He charge me $200 per tooth and discount one which was a bit easier to extract. All in all it was $650 with no set up or other fees.

There is a Courtyard Marriot directly across from his office. You will want to plan to stay at least 3 days after getting your teeth removed.

On a side note, Costa Rica is not cheap anymore. Short taxi rides were $20, meals where all $10+ and Flor de Caña rum drinks that is made next door in Nicaragua were $6 a drink. Accommodations ranged from $65-80. You can still save money by going to CR to get your dentistry done, but it is not like it was 10 years ago where you would save well over $1000 doing something like Wisdom Teeth. In my opinion, your procedure in the US should cost over $3000 for you to look into this as a viable option.

JENSEN BEACH
reviews: 31
80. Re: Cosmetic Dentistry In Costa Rica Dental Tourism

While I chose Nova for my Dental, I saved even more $$$ by staying in a studio in the residential area of Escazu at Villa Escazu. $300 -$350 per week rather than $189 per nt Courtyard Marriott wanted. Nova and Inez at Villa Escazu were great about calling a taxi when needed, I also took the bus several mornings for about 50 cents. Nice to fix a small meal when I felt like it and even nicer to make a nice cup of coffee in the morning when I wanted it without getting up and dressed to eat out. Loved the Sat market for homeade breads, tamales, fruit juice, fruits and veggies. As much as I could carry for $12US. A bottle of Flor De Cana went a long way when fixing drinks "at home" and enjoying them as the sun set and lights of the Central Valley came on. Great view from the veranda of both. Many options for lodging and meals. Still, KeyWestBarTab is correct, Costa Rica is not "cheap" by Central American Standards. Still my dental work quoted in US at about $40,000 was a total of $7,550 at Nova!! Big money saved when needing a lot of work! It really helps to check all options available. Of course from FL airfare can be downright Cheap with Spirit or JetBlue out of Ft Lauderdale direct to SJO.

Reply to: Cosmetic Dentistry In Costa Rica Dental Tourism
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted