We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best San Jose Fine Dining..........

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mississippi
reviews: 9
Best San Jose Fine Dining..........

Can anyone help with 4/5 great fine dining restaurants in San Jose...........thanks..............

San Jose
reviews: 1
1. Re: Best San Jose Fine Dining..........

Machu Picho( Sea Food ), La Prinsesa Marina Sea Food ), The Monastier in Escazu ( French ), The Ram Luna in Aserri ( Costa Rican ),Tony's Roma's ( Ribs), the list is long but those are about the best known.

Orlando
reviews: 13
2. Re: Best San Jose Fine Dining..........

Hy blue eyed monkey! Do you have any personal experience with the Ram Luna? Is it worth it? (rather pricey)

San Jose
3. Re: Best San Jose Fine Dining..........

The food is aceptable at best , has a great view and is a very romantic scene,Price is like any other fancy restaurant (Over priced)

Tampa, FL
Destination Expert
for San Jose, Costa Rica
4. Re: Best San Jose Fine Dining..........

Blue Monkey has listed some of the best. If you go to the Ram Luna, I recommend you go on a Wednesday night when they have a special Tico Buffet and entertainment. Sure the food is nothing special and its pricey for what you get, but you're paying for the truly astounding view as much as for what you actually eat.

Orlando
reviews: 13
5. Re: Best San Jose Fine Dining..........

thanks for the input! I'm trying to plan a special night in San Jose area for 4 of us traveling together! I guess the decision is whether the floor show makes up for the mediocre food...that is always the decision at the Orlando dinner shows also! thanks again

San Jose
6. Re: Best San Jose Fine Dining..........

My favorite restaurant in San Jose would be Machu Picho , located on the right ,125 meters to the north from the KFC on Paseo Colon,the food is exellent , is all sea food very fresh, their Seviche is the best in SJ, the prices are moderate, well worth the meal.But is not a romantic kind of place , as a matter of fact , on the menu it specifies that romantic scenes are not permited and that if you disregard the warning you will not be served!! , Keep in mind the place is small and some nights you may have to wait in line to get in .

For fine dinning I would recomend you the Monastier in Escazu ( if you can afford it, my friend went there and the bill was $480.00 for a party of 5 )

The Ram Luna,(less Pricy) on Wed night has a live Tarimba band .The temp.goes to the high 60's tothe low 60s and at times is very windy specialy in Dec & Jan.

Tampa, FL
Destination Expert
for San Jose, Costa Rica
7. Re: Best San Jose Fine Dining..........

Machu Pichu is also my favorite. It is not a fancy place. Its got more of a neighborhood feel. But it also does not have fancy prices. In addition to the Ceviche, I recommend a Pisco Sour (a peruvian drink) to help put you in a mellow mood and save room for a Suspira de Limena for dessert (yummee).

In addition to the Marimba Band on Tico night they have costumed dancers performing native dances and is capped off by a fireworks show. The food is nothing special, but I'd say it was better than mediocre. And like I said before its the VIEW that makes it so worthwhile rather than the food or the floor show. A much better value than Le Monastere, which has excellent food and view but is EXTREMELY pricey.

If you want some other ideas for fine dining consider Cafe Mundo (another personal fav for continental), Tin Jo (somewhat over-rated but still very good for its ambiance and extremely varied asian menu), La Piazzetta or Il Ponte Vechio (Italian) and El Chicote (steak)

Tampa, FL
Destination Expert
for San Jose, Costa Rica
8. Re: Best San Jose Fine Dining..........

BTW, some tour companies try to get you to pay up to $55/pp for a "Ram Luna Night Tour". You can easily do it on your own for much less, just call ahead to make reservations. The price for Tico Night at Ram Luna is $28/pp plus cab fare which shouldn't be more than $10-15 max each way for your whole group.

For more info on Tico Night try this link

toenjoynature.com/COSTA_RICA/…07.HTML

and for 32 seperate photos of Ram Luna Tico Night go to:

1costa-rica-link.com/costa_rica_entertainmen…