We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Hotel

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oklahoma City, OK
reviews: 1
Airport Hotel

Hello! Looks like we'll need to stay overnight in San Jose before catching a Sansa flight to Tambor. We'll get in about 9:30 p.m. and then fly out the next a.m. at 10 (ish). Does anyone know of a safe/clean (also hopefully cost effective) hotel right around the airport? Then, we'll spend one night on the return as well. We were looking at the Fleur de Lys for that...input?

Thanks! Sherie

Fort Worth, Texas
reviews: 4
1. Re: Airport Hotel

hi there! my wife's from broken arrow - so we're pratically related! :) anyway, on our journey we stayed the first and last nights at a place called 'country inn and suites'. it's a short ride from the airport. i can't tell you what they charged per night as it was part of a package that we bought. if i had to guess it was probably in the $70-80 range. pretty spot, decent rooms, nice little restaurant, pool, nice grounds. not really close to anything - so you're kind of stuck unless you grab a cab (which we did.. we went to dinner at a popular shopping/eating place called 'el pueblo'). it's not the ritz - but it's clean, comfortable and friendly. hope that helps. scott

Boston and...
reviews: 31
2. Re: Airport Hotel

The Hampton Inn, right by the airport - well, a five-minute (their own free) shuttle ride. Safe, clean, cost-effective. Many people use it for convenience. I liked it. And don't forget to look at the hotel ratings for San Jose here on Trip. The airport is actually in Alajuela, but here they're considered San Jose.

Boston and...
3. Re: Airport Hotel

The Hampton Inn also has complimentary modest but hot breakfast, and free computers, if you are itching to get back in touch at the end of your trip. I'm not their agent, but I stayed there at the beginning and end of my trip, and was completely satisfied.

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
reviews: 61
4. Re: Airport Hotel

The Hampton Inn is now under new ownership and is called Garden Court so a simple web search should bring it up. Travelocity just quoted $99 in off season so it should be close to this price. As you are arriving late and then must get thru immigration/customs plus take a flight the next a.m., this is a good choice. The location is excellent and the free shuttle will take you to Sansa in the a.m.

Lisa in Manuel Antonio

Boston and...
5. Re: Airport Hotel

There used to be two Hamptons, right next to each other. When I was there in January, one had just converted to the Garden Court (temporary plastic sign etc.), but I stayed in the Hampton. Are they both Garden Courts, or merged into one, now?

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
reviews: 61
6. Re: Airport Hotel

The website indicates that the Hampton Inn and Suites is still an independent unit; however, the former (original) Hampton is now Garden Court. Rather confusing! I found the Garden Court for $99 on Travelocity not the H-Inn and Suites. Their site indicates rooms from $109-$129. Both good options due to their location. Thanks for the clarification ... nice to know if one is sold out!

Lisa

Sacramento...
reviews: 107
7. Re: Airport Hotel

If you want something a little more upscale than the Hampton Inn you might want to try to Marriott which is about a 5 minute shuttle ride to the airport. Absolutely gorgeous resort property and you can get AAA rates for about $150.

Orlando
reviews: 13
8. Re: Airport Hotel

check out the Pura Vida Bed and Breakfast in Alajuela...not far from the airport..on a little hillside, lovely rooms and good food. I'm sorry I don't have their website. They have been around awhile. good Tico atmosphere.....I remember the smell of roasting coffee in the air. jp