We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SJO information

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 7
SJO information

We're are scheduled to arrive at SJO at 8:15pm on a Monday night. Does anyone know how long it takes to get through customs and immigration at SJO at that hour? What time could we expect to arrive in Escazu or downtown? Where will we be better off to grab a quick bite to eat before going to bed (we're off to Manuel Antonio the next morning)?

Any advice would be much appreiated - trying to decide whether to stay downtown, or in Escazu; at a B&B with no restaurant, or a full service hotel...

Thanks!

San Francisco...
reviews: 87
1. Re: SJO information

If you are able to get off the plane fast you should be able to get through customs fairly quickly.

I allways stay at Orquideas Inn in Alajuela (10 min from the airport). Look up their review here on trip advisor. They have a restaurant at the hotel that serves food until 10pm

nowhere
reviews: 10
2. Re: SJO information

My flight was very late, so it may not be typical, but I was through customs and immigration in about 30 minutes.

San Francisco...
reviews: 9
3. Re: SJO information

The San Jose Airport moves fairly quickly. There are several hotels at the airport such as the Hampton Inn which may offer airport pick up and would allow your car to be delivered there at a time you needed it. Do a Google as I know they have a web site. Also, I think they have a place to eat that's open late.

New York
reviews: 1
4. Re: SJO information

Wow - it sounds like we're going on the same trip.

I was wondering if anyone had some follow up advice on this: basically, we'd definitely be hungry coming in on the same flight, but might want to go out for a little bit before we turned in... any hotel better than others come to mind?

We also have a day on the way back...

Thanks for any additional help.

San Jose
5. Re: SJO information

If your heading to MA in the morning your best bet is The Hamton in next to airport and a restaurant that way you can save time , can even rent a car there also, if you decide to go into down town or Escazu you can stop at "Dennys" open 24 hours next to the Irazu Hotel as is on the way to both locations, in Eacazu you can find lots of places to eat , from Tony Roma's to TGI and every one in between !If you wabt to eat local food, follow the <OLD ROAD from Escazu into Santa Ana and on that road as just get to Santa Ana you will find several typical restaurants.

nowhere
reviews: 10
6. Re: SJO information

I rented from Toyota and they're just across the parking lot from the hampton Inn. There are several restaurants in the same plaza, I seem to recall a Denny's, some looked pretty new, so I don't know if they're open, but I think so. It's on the road where all the car rental folks seem to be.

We stayed at the SJ Marriott and I did have the car delivered and picked-up there as well, but I arranged it in advance thru Vacation City. The marriott has 24 hr room service. My flight was due in about 8:30 and didn't get in till after 11 PM. Delays happen, so you'll want a 24 something, even Denny's, just in case.

San Jose
7. Re: SJO information

Yes there is a Denny's rest.(open 24 hours)acrosss the street from the Hampton Inn

New York
8. Re: SJO information

Thanks for the suggestions! Is that the Marriott Courtyard or the SJ Marriott?