We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fast food in San Jose

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Fast food in San Jose

Hi, I am thinking of traveling to Costa Rica next week and I was wondering if anyone knows if there is fast food and/or pizza in San Jose. Those foods are necessary since I am a very picky eater and have never had Costa Rican food. Thanks for the help.

San Francisco...
reviews: 9
1. Re: Fast food in San Jose

Central San Jose around the National Theater is loaded with American fast food places which also can be found at the airport and I'd presume in other neighborhoods.

While there is "Costa Rican Food", the country's diverse overall international population features myriad cuisines. I'm not overly fond of Italian for example but loved the fetuccini I found in a downtown San Jose cafe. Some of the finest steaks I've ever eatern were in a small hotel in Playa Grande. And Oriental cuisine abounds. Even the neighborhood sodas had good hamberguesas and fries.

belmar, nj
reviews: 4
2. Re: Fast food in San Jose

when you order hamburgers anywhere other than burger king or mcdonalds, ask what comes on it. I have found most restaurants include ketup, mustard, and a slice of ham on the hamburgers... my kids are picky, so we always ask for our burgers plain down there. Also, unless it is a familiar chain be wary of pizza... we once ordered a peperoni pizza in a very nice hotel.. it came out with white cheese, wasn't mozzarella, and chunks of mortadella (like a bolgna). gross! Fried chicken is always good in cr

Florida
3. Re: Fast food in San Jose

Thanks for the help. I don't even know what typical Costa Rican cuisine is, so I want to be sure that I would find something to eat just in case! :)

San Francisco...
reviews: 88
4. Re: Fast food in San Jose

gemini23nj,

I ate hamburgers all over Costa Rica and never found one that was served with slice of ham. Also all the pizza I've eaten in CR was OUTSTANDING! Far better than any pizza I've eaten in New York or anywhere else for that matter

USA
reviews: 3
5. Re: Fast food in San Jose

Typical CR eats are chicken and rice.

Do not worry about the food.

Orlando
reviews: 5
6. Re: Fast food in San Jose

FOR HEAVENS SAKE! Try some Campesino Chicken, slow roasted over coffee wood, the best chicken you have ever had! there are may outlets, Rosti Pollo is one of them! yummmmm