We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time to allow for customs and transfer from San...

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Hartford...
reviews: 10
How much time to allow for customs and transfer from San...

We will be flying from Miami to San Jose on LACSA, then transferring to a Sansa flight to Puerto Jimenez. Anyone know how much time we should leave between flights to ensure adequate time to clear customs and check in/check baggage for the flight from San Jose to Puerto Jimenez?

(The Bosque del Cabo folks will provide transportation from Puerto Jimenez to the lodge)

Here are our options:

TRAVELING TO PUERTO JIMENEZ-

Arrive San Jose on LACSA flight at 8:50am...

depart on Sansa flight to Puerto Jimenez at 10:15am OR 1:05pm

TRAVELING FROM PUERTO JIMENEZ to SAN JOSE-

Arrive San Jose on Sansa airlines at 12:20pm OR 4:05pm for flight to Miami on LACSA that departs at 6:10pm

Thanks for any guidance you can provide!

St. Petersburg...
Destination Expert
for Osa Peninsula
reviews: 30
1. Re: How much time to allow for customs and transfer from San...

It really depends on how many other planes are arriving at SJO at the time you are. I've both checked luggage and carried it on and both times made it out withing 30 minutes. I have heard of times much longer though when several planes land at once. Also, if your flight into SJO is delayed it could cut really close. The walk to Sansa will take less than 5 minutes.

I'd go for the earlier flight myself on both; no one wants to spend 6 hours waiting for a flight but the 4:05 is cutting it too close. It will most likely be Kevin that picks you up for the hour long drive to Bosque, he will stop at the little store by the PJ airstrip so you can grab a drink & use the restroom if you want. Do you know what cabina you will be staying in? Have a great time.

West Hartford...
reviews: 10
2. Re: How much time to allow for customs and transfer from San...

Thanks for your reply. Very helpful!