We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to Villas Tranquilo best time of year to go

Which Quepos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Trevose...
reviews: 24
Transportation to Villas Tranquilo best time of year to go

I have the opportunity to go to an RCI timeshare in Quepos for a week, either April 20th, the last week of November, and early to middle of December. I like November, because it's Thanksgiving, so I get a few extra days. Is the weather that much better in April or December? My major interest is seeing wildlife, does the time of year matter?

Can anybody give me any information on the Villas Tranquilos?

Is the drive from San Jose Airport to Quepos hard? It is not right in town, and I've heard that it is hard to find Villas Tranquilos. I might take a shuttle service, rather than renting a car. Does anyone know if you can get a bus nearby to go to Manuel Antonio, or into Quepos, or would I need to take a taxi? Do I really need to have a car there?

Edited: 7:27 pm, August 05, 2012
San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Transportation to Villas Tranquilo best time of year to go

April is dry and hot the peak of the dry season...

November can be nice end of rainy season...

Early or middle of december if everything is normal ...without any abnormal weather influence could be a nice time of the year!

The drive from SJO to Quepos is nice and easy...about 3 hours...stoppingat Tarcoles bridge to see the wild crocs...

You really do not need a car...good idea to take a shuttle good prices...and if they do not drive you all the way to Villas Tranquilos just take a taxi from where the shuttles drop you!

roadadvisor

Trevose...
reviews: 24
2. Re: Transportation to Villas Tranquilo best time of year to go

Thanks RoadAdvisor! It should have said Villas Tranquilas. Sounds like April would probably be best, and possibly better roads??? I'm still not sure that I want to drive.

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
3. Re: Transportation to Villas Tranquilo best time of year to go

November and December will be the beginning of the true dry season, sunny days and warmer temperatures on the coast, where April is more of a shoulder month, can be sunny or the beginning of the rainy season. It's really hit and miss for both choices. Looks like your choice of accommodations is highly rated tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g309289-d639961… and Quepos will have whatever you need, soup to nuts, for your visit. El Gran Escape restaurant tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g309289-d1… is a great spot for a night out, and Cafe Milagro tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g309289-d1… just a little further down the boulevard is a super place, great coffee and bilingual staff.

Lastly, the Costa Rica Forum has put together a list of shuttles (which can easily get you to Quepos) and private drivers should you decide to skip a rental tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g291982-c109576/Costa-… The local buses are inexpensive and taxis are plentiful.

Have a great holiday.

San Jose, Costa Rica
4. Re: Transportation to Villas Tranquilo best time of year to go

Dear HrCombs

YOU ARE WELCOME!!

Of course April for us NATIVES is one of our favorite months of the year...for many reasons...and one is because is nice ...hot and SUMMER...full summer...of course now days with Global warming nobody knows...but for some reasons Generations of Costaricans we love that month of the year...it take more than a couple years to even guess about our weather...

Since is summer...most of our roads are going to be in great shape...at least what we call good shape...do not worry...rent a car and hit the road...nice GPS and GO!!

roadadvcisor

5. Re: Transportation to Villas Tranquilo best time of year to go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 am, August 22, 2013