We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus Quepos to San Isidro el General

Which Quepos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami Beach, Florida
reviews: 1
bus Quepos to San Isidro el General

I'm currently a little south of Jaco. I'm going to be traveling to San Isidro. What's the bus like from Quepos to there? Or is the route better if I return to San Jose, and go to San Isidro from there.

btw, I've spent a lot of time in Manuel. No need for a visit right now.

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: bus Quepos to San Isidro el General

Let me try...

1. Quepos to San Isidro , 01-07 departure 05:30...arrive 09:00

Transportes Blanco

Bus: Takes about : 3:30h

Bus company phone number (506) 2771-4744

2. Quepos to San Isidro , 01-07 departure 13:30...arrives 5 PM

Transportes Blanco

Bus: it takes : 3:30h

San Isidro del General (506) 2771-4744

Please enjoy our country as much as we NATIVES do!

roadadvisor

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
2. Re: bus Quepos to San Isidro el General

Unless you have a need to go through San Jose, don't bother, as the service to SI is very good. Buses are open window local haul type, no bathroom, but comfortable. Bring your snack and an i-pod and you're good to go. Reminder, just watch your bag.

Miami Beach, Florida
3. Re: bus Quepos to San Isidro el General

Thanks! No reason to go back - just looking for the smoothest ride.

I'm traveling with two pieces of luggage I will need to put in the undercarriage. Do they give you a ticket on that route?

Do they stop middle of trip for bathroom break?

San Jose, Costa Rica
4. Re: bus Quepos to San Isidro el General

You are WELCOME...just ask the driver if they let you in with your luggage,,,

They may stop around Baru for a quick bathroom stop!

roadadvisor

Grecia, Costa Rica
5. Re: bus Quepos to San Isidro el General

Of course "the driver will let you in with your luggage", and some travelers use a padlock to connect the two, adds a little extra security. A ticket is not generally issued, as the driver sees it as extra work, hence the need to keep your eye on it when stopped. At your destination things will be pretty disorderly.

Bus didn't stop for personal needs the 3 times I took it when I lived in Quepos, so wouldn't count on a pit stop.

Miami Beach, Florida
6. Re: bus Quepos to San Isidro el General

Hmm... I'm not looking to take two pieces of luggage on the bus. I'll already have a small backpack.

Does anyone know is the bus to San Isidro has the undercarriage for storage? Or it is more just a public transit bus.

San Jose, Costa Rica
7. Re: bus Quepos to San Isidro el General

According to the side of the pieces of luggage they will let you In with them or place them at luggage comparment...as a bus driver myslef...now days we look more for safety and comfort of all passengers than the coninience of only one...that is the reason I mentioned to ask driver...I do not want to start the third world with any body regarding this topic..!!

luis

Grecia, Costa Rica
8. Re: bus Quepos to San Isidro el General

Yes, you can store the bags beneath and from the side of the bus. You mentioned you had 2 pieces of luggage, so yes, they can go underneath. My suggestion to padlock them together is purely security. As to your back pack, of course, bring on board and place above your seat or on your lap, your call.

Have a pleasant ride.

San Jose, Costa Rica
9. Re: bus Quepos to San Isidro el General

Thank you and I´m sorry I can not guarantee that your luggage can be inside with you...as a professional driver...I know what I´m talking about it...

Please enjoy our country as much we NATIVES do!

roadadvisor

10. Re: bus Quepos to San Isidro el General

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 01, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Quepos