We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Blue Wind

Which Quepos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hermosa Beach...
Casa Blue Wind

CASA BLUE WIND, located in Costa Rica is a breathtaking private villa and pool, nestled on top of a hill on a private reserve in an elegant International Community. The panoramic views from up high give you a feel of what it is like to soar with the eagles, simply magical and relaxing.

When we arrived into Quepos, upon arrival, you only need mention Casa Blue Wind as your final destination and you are warmly greeted by everyone, from the taxi driver to each and every merchant in town. No map needed.

Casa Blue Wind is a quality property with lots of outdoor space tucked away in the jungle. If you are looking for privacy and a feel of being home you have come to the right place. We were so happy to have all the kitchen amenities and spices on hand to make use of the full kitchen at our own convenience. A market to buy provisions is just a walk away. We also had daily cleaning service for a few dollars more a day. Daily pool cleaning service is provided. We also made arrangements for a professional private massage therapist to come to the villa where we had a lovely relaxing massage outside on the expansive veranda.

I should also mention that the property is well secured, with detailed instructions on how to operate the security system. I always felt safe and comfortable at the villa.

I so look forward to returning to Casa Blue Wind for another peaceful getaway. I love the jungle, and even don’t mind the bugs, I did say Jungle, and bugs go hand in hand! I’m looking forward to returning.

Angelique

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Casa Blue Wind

Thank you for a nice report!

roadadvisor

Pensacola, Florida
reviews: 56
2. Re: Casa Blue Wind

First Time Spamvert alert reads like an AD

CBW rustic mixed reviews some negative like this one

Dissapointed at Casa Blue Wind

Guest: Orveto (Denver, CO, USA)

Date of Stay: 06/05/08 Review Submitted: 08/13/08

Hi, I kind of stayed at Casa Blue Wind in Manual Antonio this past June. We actually left Casa Blue Wind after the first night and stayed next door at La Mariposa the remaining 4 nights, which incidentally was a very nice place to stay. We would not have stayed the first night if we hadn’t gotten there at 9pm without an alternative for accommodations. We barely slept that night. We were glad we salvaged our vacation by staying at La Mariposa. The upper unit has no privacy inside because the entire ceiling is vaulted. The interior walls only go up 10 or so feet, so you can be heard from any place in the upper unit. So because of this there is no privacy in the bedroom or the bathroom. There are 4 large blue garage doors on the windows of the upper unit. Because the garage doors are on the inside there are no curtains. So any privacy from outside requires the garage doors to be closed. The entry doors on the lower unit are big steel doors with automatic locks and they sound like jail doors when they are pushed closed. The entry to the lower unit is outside of the upper unit and is a bit creepy. Again, 4 huge blue roll up garage doors down in the lower unit. The bathroom in the lower unit has discolored tile grout, the soap holder by the sink is glued onto the wall with brown glue all over, and there are several cheap roller type storage carts for your use. The bathroom is a bit dank without much light and very small space at the sink and shower. There are 30-40 steep steps from the road down to the entrance, and the house is not disability friendly. The A/C units were out when we were there, but these should hopefully be fixed. Not much A/C though, the units seemed small for the area. The nice leather couches and chairs you see in the photos on the Casa Blue Wind website are now very worn and torn. You can see where repairs have been made to get every last use out of the couches rather than just replacing them. The pool is very unsafe for small children with no security fence around it. The stone surfaces surrounding the pool are very sharp and course. Be careful sliding off the pool bar stools. The huge deck off the front of the upper unit is nice but has miscellaneous wires and sockets in sorted states of disrepair. Loved the trip, loved Costa Rica, but I can not and would not recommend or stay at Casa Blue Wind. I can send lots of pictures of the place if requested.

manuel antonio
3. Re: Casa Blue Wind

Hi Everybody...

We are the owners of Casa Blue Wind. We have no idea why Qwovadis is maliciously reposting somebody else's post from almost 2 years ago. Is he/she steamed that we just had a guest who had a great experience at CBW and has to lash out and instantly repost a stale negative review that's not even his/hers from years back? What's the point? He/she seems to be stalking any post to CBW.

Please note that he/she made a post to a separate forum on CBW on January 14, 2010, that read "Lots like Casa Blue Wind not bad for me for price if you like a remote getaway". We have no idea if he/she was ever a guest, as he/she hides behind a lama's face with no real info (a classic case of computer keyboard muscle-itis). Qwovadis needs to get his/her facts straight.

Casa Blue Wind is in the HEART OF MANUEL ANTONIO which is one of the largest and most visited vacation communites in CR!!! Our home and the area are far from being a "remote getaway". We are at the top of the hill between 2 hotels (Casablanca and La Mariposa) and minutes walk to tons of shops, bars, cafes, banks, convenience store, spas, hotels and the main transportation route. The town of Quepos is 5 k/m to the north. MA has its own large indigenous and multi-national expatriate population.

We have a beautiful home with one of the best views in the area. We went through a full remdoel in December 2008 and this "repost" was from a group that was at CBW prior to the remodel in June 2008. Most of the post was over the top and not true at the time and even if it were it's so dated it has nothing to do with CBW now. We've had multiple postive reviews and none negative since the remodel and this repost.

We're going to leave it at that as it's clear that this poster has it out for CBW for some unknown reason and is irrationally stung when a valued guest takes the time to say something nice about Casa Blue Wind.

One final point. The poster has over 9,400 posts on tripadvisor.com?! I think that speaks volumes on how much time this person has on his/her hands. It was also flagged by tripadvisor.com as a First Time Spamvert alert.

Please ignore this extremely bored and disturbed individual. We have plenty of recent former guests we can refer you to get a real review on CBW who has actually stayed at CBW within the last 2 years who aren't mindlessly regurgitating somebody else's ancient review from June 2008 with a gutless 2 second "cut and paste".

Thank you.

Charlie

310/868-6909

www.casabluewind.com

4. Re: Casa Blue Wind

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, November 11, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Quepos