We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Black Turtle Lodge?

Which Puerto Jimenez hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Here
Black Turtle Lodge?

Has anyone had any experiance with this place?

New York City, New...
1. Re: Black Turtle Lodge?

*bump*

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone about this too. I booked my parents there this coming winter on the rec of some folks in Puerto Jimenez, but haven't heard anything from actual tourists who stayed there.

San Isidro de El...
reviews: 43
2. Re: Black Turtle Lodge?

I will be curious to hear about it also. I spent a good bit of time with the original owners when they were building it but don't know anything about the new ones. Mary and Geoff (original) were New Yorkers who didn't quite adjust.

BOSTON, MA
reviews: 2
3. Re: Black Turtle Lodge?

I also am thinking about booking Black Lodge for a stay in February. misterjosh, did your parents stay there yet?? Would be very interested to see how they liked it. Thanks!

New York City, New...
4. Re: Black Turtle Lodge?

No, NewEngland2 -- they'll be there in February. I'll post after they return.

New York
5. Re: Black Turtle Lodge?

This is a wonderful wonderful place. I went during the rainy season with my boyfriend. They really went out of their way for us. My boyfriend is vegan and I'm vegetarian and they cooked us delicious meals separate from those they cooked the other guests. They will book you tours, provide you with bikes for a ride into Puerto Jimenez, they have wonderful friendly dogs you'll want to take home with you. The resort is in a tiny bit of jungle right on the beach, so you'll fall asleep to the sound of crashing waves and you'll wake up (EARLY!) to the screeches of scarlet macaws or spider monkeys. From the beach you can see a bit of Panama off into the distance. We had a wonderful experience here, and I highly recommend it.

Idaho
6. Re: Black Turtle Lodge?

I stayed at the Ojo Del Mar in Sept/2006..........but it was being run by Mary and Geoff who own the Black Turtle Lodge..........they were running it for they're friends who were out of town.............next time I go I will stay at their place the Black Turtle Lodge.............they're taste for lodging and quality is amazing and they are the absolute coolest people you could hope to meet............

Jason McFarland

San Isidro de El...
reviews: 43
7. Re: Black Turtle Lodge?

Jason,

Interesting post. Last time I stayed in a place near the Black Turtle I was told that Mary and Geoff had sold and had gone back home. I was under the impression that Nico Zimmerman was the owner now from the recent article done on it. Glad to hear differently. They were a nice couple. If you see them again tell them Steve and Sue said hi. We gave Mary something for her hives when she had them really bad during the building of the lodge.

Napa, Califorina
8. Re: Black Turtle Lodge?

Hello Jason-

Just an FYI -I know the current owner and it is still Nico Zimmerman.

NYC
reviews: 1
9. Re: Black Turtle Lodge?

Hi All, It's Mary, of Mary and Geoff formerly of Black Turtle. Nico Zimmerman is indeed the current owner of the lodge. We sold a bit ago and now live between the US and Cr. We are still out and about the Osa and are currently not running a lodge. Nico is a great owner and asset to the Osa community and I hope our past guests will continue to support him and the lodge. We love the place and are confident that you will continue to enjoy the lodge with Nico's hospitality and welcome. Yes, we have guest hosted at other lodges and will continue to do so since we know many friends at other lodges. Thank you for your kind comments and I hope you continue to enjoy Costa Rica. Be well - Mary and Geoff.

NYC
reviews: 1
10. Re: Black Turtle Lodge?

Hi All, It's Mary, of Mary and Geoff formerly of Black Turtle. Nico Zimmerman is indeed the current owner of the lodge. We sold a bit ago and now live between the US and Cr. We are still out and about the Osa and are currently not running a lodge. Nico is a great owner and asset to the Osa community and I hope our past guests will continue to support him and the lodge. We love the place and are confident that you will continue to enjoy the lodge with Nico's hospitality and welcome. Yes, we have guest hosted at other lodges and will continue to do so since we know many friends at other lodges. Thank you for your kind comments and I hope you continue to enjoy Costa Rica. Be well - Mary and Geoff.