We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities in Puerto Jimenez

Which Puerto Jimenez hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ramat Hasharon
Activities in Puerto Jimenez

We have two nights in Puerto Jimenez/ Agua Dulce and two nights in Bosque del Cabo later .

My wife, 60 years old and I , 63 years old , like mainly standard hikes , wildlife , waterfalls , rainforests , views of the coastline….

We do not like, snorkeling , fishing , surfing , resting hours in the beach , horseback riding .....

Can you suggest some activities in Puerto Jimenez complementary to activities in Bosque del Cabo for 30th and 31th March ?

Northern California
reviews: 7
1. Re: Activities in Puerto Jimenez

Two nights doesn't really give you much time.

Boat tour of Golfo Dulce for sure-just watch if they do a brief snorkeling stop. Finca Kobe cocao farm tour. I would recommend just walking around town during the evening to people watch and we saw wildlife too. There is a pond with caiman; we saw one eating an oppossum. (But I think your hotel is not really in town)

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
reviews: 85
2. Re: Activities in Puerto Jimenez

Probably do a boat ride on the Golfo Dulce to see dolphins. I would save the wildlife/hiking on land for Bosque del Cabo.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 57
3. Re: Activities in Puerto Jimenez

Agua Dulce is located near Iguana Lodge, so not in a walking distance to town (to my knowledge). I would also recommend a boat tour on Golfo Dulce (and thus you will be also able to skip the ferry to Golfito). Another way to kill a day is to take taxi to Cabo Matapalo (start at Buena Esperanza Bar) and just stroll up and down the road and along the beaches. On your return you can stop at Buena Esperanza Bar again for a refreshment while waiting for taxi back to the lodge.

Well, to be honest, you have made a mistake by not staying all 4 nights at Bosque del Cabo. Coming so far and then splitting your stay in two, just not very wise move.

Bethesda MD
reviews: 15
4. Re: Activities in Puerto Jimenez

Birding at Bosque del Rio Tigre. By reputation not experience.

5. Re: Activities in Puerto Jimenez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 12, 2015