We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay in Puerto Jimenez

Which Puerto Jimenez hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Stay in Puerto Jimenez

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive place to stay in Puerto Jimenez?

We will be hiking Corcovado for 3 days and planning to stay in PJ the night before. We will be arriving from Manuel Antonio in the afternoon. For anyone that has done this before what has your experience been like?

Thanks.

Ottawa
reviews: 6
1. Re: Stay in Puerto Jimenez

We've stayed in Parrot Bay Village a couple of times and enjoyed it. It is affordable, comfortable, and quite a lovely little spot. There is a bar/restaurant and the food is pretty good. Very nice owners.

Puerto Jimenez...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Stay in Puerto Jimenez

For budget accommodations you can try:

* Backpacker

* The Corner

* Hotel Oro Verde

* Cabinas Carolina

Pura Vida,

Ballardo

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: Stay in Puerto Jimenez

Ballardo's recs are right on. Haven't been there in a little, but Cabinas Marcelina also was a go good budget option back in the day...

Puerto Jimenez...
reviews: 3
4. Re: Stay in Puerto Jimenez

I like Cabinas Marcelina as well, but they are a little more costly.

Pura Vida, Ballardo

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
5. Re: Stay in Puerto Jimenez

Thank you Jaguardman...you are the man...and one that really KNOWS Osa!

roadadvisor

San Diego...
6. Re: Stay in Puerto Jimenez

I appreciate all the suggestions.

My friend and I will be arriving in PJ from Manuel Antonio. I figure we save some money and experience all the nature Corcovado has by living without the resort accommodations. We will probably do a backpackers.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 82
7. Re: Stay in Puerto Jimenez

In early Dec 2012 we stayed at the Las Palmas, a basic motel style lodge not far from the ferry, right by the waterfront. It was quiet and clean with hot water and A/C for under $40. There are quite a few moderately priced places in PJ and as many not so moderately price places that appear to be not substantially better if all you are looking for is a rest stop.

8. Re: Stay in Puerto Jimenez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, January 31, 2014