We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a 4x4 to drive to Uvita

Which Puerto Jimenez hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manassas, Virginia
reviews: 1
Renting a 4x4 to drive to Uvita

MY Fiancee and I am tying up the last loose ends to our honeymoon. We have already booked a driver to take is from Puerto Jimenez to Oxygen Jungle Villas in Uvita.We are pay $280 all together. We are now wondering if it would have been less and doable for us to rent our own 4x4. Does anyone know how long a drive this is and advice if you think two tourist would be able to make the drive themselves. Is the directions diffcult? We also need to go from Uvita to the Quespos airport when we checked out so we figured we would have the 4x4 to do that as well. All in all we would have the 4x4 for 3 days/nights.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 57
1. Re: Renting a 4x4 to drive to Uvita

There is no problem driving from Puerto Jimenez to Uvita, even easier from Uvita to Quepos. Check with Solid Rental Car if they are allowing you one way rental to Quepos.

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: Renting a 4x4 to drive to Uvita

No m ore than 3 hours even less....great ride...anybody can do it...costarican or a visitor...around that part of the country SOLID rent a car...

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

roadadisor

Bethesda MD
reviews: 15
3. Re: Renting a 4x4 to drive to Uvita

Totally doable, roads resemble rural two-lanes in, say Loudon county VA or outer Montgomery county MD

Manassas, Virginia
reviews: 1
4. Re: Renting a 4x4 to drive to Uvita

That helps!! Thanks!!

San Jose, Costa Rica
5. Re: Renting a 4x4 to drive to Uvita

You are WELCOME...please do not hesitate to ask any question here at the forum anytime!

roadadvisor

6. Re: Renting a 4x4 to drive to Uvita

I agree, Solid Car rental is great. My husband and I went with them 2 different times. We also did the road trip you ask about and it was very simple. We had a great time on the road together and I would think it would be so much more enjoyable to do it without a driver. Of course, that is a personal preference. I hope you have a great trip!

7. Re: Renting a 4x4 to drive to Uvita

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, July 09, 2013