We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Share a private guided tour Jan 2nd-4th

Milan, Italy
reviews: 89
Share a private guided tour Jan 2nd-4th

Hi,

we are 2 italian boys visiting Corcovado on next January. We hired an english speaking guide, Rodolfo Gutierrez, that we found on this forum. It seems like he is very well aknowledged, reliable, competent and has great reviews. You can find out more about him on this forum. We will be hiking from/to Drake from Jan 2nd to Jan 4th, spending 2 nights at Sirena ranger station.

Rodolfo is charging us 120USD/day being 2 people, it might be slightly more if we are more than 2.

Park permits are 10USD/day/person, room is 8USD/night/person (4USD if in tent), breakfast is 20USD, lunch 25USD, dinner 25USD per person, but you can bring your own food if you don't want to book the meals. Boat from/to Drake is 30USD/person each way.

We are not tough hikers but we are pretty fit and used to this kind of trips. We're interested in spotting as much wildlife as possible.

Is anyone willing to share the guide?

Cheers,

Marco

5 replies to this topic
Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 52
1. Re: Share a private guided tour Jan 2nd-4th

Marco, you will have excellent trip in Corcovado. Just one remark. You should bring only food that does not need to be cooked as cooking is not any more allowed at the station. Upon your return please give us your best trip report (photos welcomed). Happy hiking!

Huntington, New York
2. Re: Share a private guided tour Jan 2nd-4th

are you still looking for travelers. My daughter and son in law are looking to hike and stay at Sirena overnite around that time. Please let us know .. It might work out great.

Puerto Jimenez...
reviews: 3
3. Re: Share a private guided tour Jan 2nd-4th

"We will be hiking from/to Drake from Jan 2nd to Jan 4th, spending 2 nights at Sirena ranger station."

Humm, this doesn't seem possible. The trail from Drake Bay to Sirena has been permanently closed for a few years. If your hiking to San Pedrillo, you can do that from Drake, but NOT to Sirena.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but if you are expecting to hike from Drake Bay to Sirena, I recommend that you check with your guide. From Drake, Sirena is accessable by Boat only.

You can hike into the park from either Los Patos Station (near the town of La Palma) or La Leona Station (near the town of Carate.)

Please double check for your own sake,

Pura Vida,

Ballardo

Milan, Italy
reviews: 89
4. Re: Share a private guided tour Jan 2nd-4th

Hi Anne, yes, we're still looking for travellers to share the guide. We will be in Drake on Jan 31st, will be diving on Jan 1st and move to Sirena on Jan 2nd, back on Jan 4th.

If you're interested send me a private message and we will get in touch. Cheers

Ballardo you're right but we will go by boat from Drake to Sirena and return and hike around the ranger station for 3 days.

Huntington, New York
5. Re: Share a private guided tour Jan 2nd-4th

Marco

My daughter and son in law are interested in talking with you about sharing your guided hike. Please let me know how they can reach you to talk plans.

Reply to: Share a private guided tour Jan 2nd-4th
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted