We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iguana website?

Athens
Iguana website?

Hello

I noticed a couple of you talking about teh Iguana Lodge, I am planning my first time trip to CR in August this year, and am looking for a safe option that can also offer me the best the country has to offer for under 100$.

Is the Iguana a good place, or another suggestion anyone?

Thanks

Panajachel...
reviews: 10
1. Re: Iguana website?

I'm always touting the Iguana Lodge. I've stayed there twice and loved it both times. I've stayed at most of the other lodges in the area (travel writer) and liked Iguana best. Lapa Rios is a little more upscale and Bosque del Cabo is also a favorite.

Iguana is just steps away from a good swimming beach, has great food and, I like this part, dinner is served at a huge table upstairs with all the lodge guests there at once so the converstaion can be interesting. It is a good chance to ask other people what they have done in the area and how they liked it. Toby is a terrific host.

I hang out in this forum to see what people like and what their reactions are to various lodges/activities/restaurnats, etc. and should probably keep my mouth shut but I can't resist bragging on my favorite places.

www.iguanalodge.com. Tel. 829-5865

Athens
2. Re: Iguana website?

Hi Grucho

Thanks for the tip.

I have one more question, do you think Costa Rica is safe for two women travelling? Or should we rethink?

We want to be safe but at the same time we want to go on tours and see the natural beauty of CR ideally with a tour guide & group etc.

Thanks

Panajachel...
reviews: 10
3. Re: Iguana website?

I run into plenty of women traveling on their own or with a pal. Be careful during the day and take taxis at night. Talk to the hotel or lodge management for advice.

San Isidro de El...
reviews: 42
4. Re: Iguana website?

jollyholli,

I am a woman who travels alone frequently in Costa Rica. I have never had a problem. I don't party until 3am and don't hang out in areas where there could be problems. Which areas?....always best to ask locally.

The Iguana Lodge is going to be more than $100 per day because it does include all meals. They also own a place right next door called the Pearl of the Osa which is slightly less expensive. The rooms are over the bar but it is a nice friendly place and the bar shuts down pretty early. The rooms are pretty basic but they do have hot water now. The food at the Pearl is very good and all the people that work there are a lot of fun. I have stayed in both places and have been comfortable in either one. Except for a couple of days with my husband once I have always stayed at the Iguana or the Pearl alone.

5. Re: Iguana website?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, August 16, 2009