We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tipping advice

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
102 posts
27 reviews
Tipping advice

Hello all,

Would somebody be able to advise me on the rough tipping guide per person per day for a guided tour of Corcovado NP?

Edited: 5:33 pm, March 19, 2013
Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
102 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: Tipping advice

Hello all,

Would somebody be able to advise me on the rough tipping guide per person per day for a guided tour of Corcovado NP?

Edited: 5:33 pm, March 19, 2013
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
44,966 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: Tipping advice

Great good guide.. $ 25.00 per person...

roadadvisor

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
102 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: Tipping advice

Thank you for your advice roadadvisor. We are staying at Sirena for 3 nights and have our guide for 4 days. Would 25 USD be per person per day?

Many thanks

Chicago
Level Contributor
180 posts
60 reviews
4. Re: Tipping advice

I gave $10.00 a day for guide and $ 5 a day for the cook.

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
102 posts
27 reviews
5. Re: Tipping advice

Dear wildlifeship, thank you very much for the guidance.

Level Contributor
1,755 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: Tipping advice

I think $25 per day per person is too much really. $10 would do it.

7. Re: Tipping advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 am, May 29, 2013
8. Re: Tipping advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 30, 2014