We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sirena full

London, United...
reviews: 2
Sirena full

We are visiting Drake bay on the 9-19th Jan and trying to book an overnight stay at Sirens. Kenneth at Corcovado Info Center has mailed me back to say that Sirena station is full the night we want to do it. He has suggested staying at San pedrillo overnight but still visiting sirena on the first day of the trip.

Can anyone advise me whether we should find an alternative date or will San pedrillo/sirena combination provide the same experience?

Thanks,

Simon

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 136
1. Re: Sirena full

They are basically the same, the difference being, Sirena you need to hike to usually via the Loop, and out the south entrance La Leona/Carate.

Are you in Drake Bay I assume, and not Pt Jimenez? From DB, it is easier and wiser, due to ocean and winds, to just go to SP, overnight there, then return. The animal spotting is basically early morning (5am to 8am) and evening before dark, otherwise, the are staying cool and not active.

Unless you are hiking the Loop, 2 nights/3 days, the sights and atmosphere of either ranger station are about the same IMO.

London, United...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Sirena full

Thanks for the info. Your right, we're staying at Drake bay. The thing I was most concerned about was missing out on the wildlife. I've heard San pedrillo is a better location as its by the sea?

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 136
3. Re: Sirena full

San Pedrillo is actually better for spotting all 4 species of Monkeys, as well as it has some nice waterfalls to hike to as well. No worries, if staying overnight, bring ear plugs, its LOUD, as there is a gadzillion thing in the jungle.

San Jose, Costa Rica
4. Re: Sirena full

Do not worry...wild life is all over the place...bring some good repellent and enjoy the mother nature concert...nothing comparable in life...

roadadvisor

5. Re: Sirena full

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 27, 2013