We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corcovado 3 Day Hike

San Diego...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Corcovado 3 Day Hike

Can anyone recommend a size backpack for a 3day/2night hike through Corcovado. This will be in Mid-January.

I have a couple backpacks but they are made specifically for laptops. I was thinking of picking up a hiking type backpack. I noticed there are 30,40,50L+ types. I was thinking 40 should be just right as it is not to small and not to big.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Puerto Jimenez...
Level Contributor
354 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Corcovado 3 Day Hike

The less stuff you bring, the happier you will be hiking. There is no reason to bring more than the bare minimum with you into the forest. Here is my packing list:

* lightweight, quick dry clothing to wear, and one set for change

* hat and swimsuit

* hiking boots and flip flops for the ranger station

* 2-3 liters H20

* Insect Repellant

* sunglasses and sunscreen

* camera / binoculars

* sleeping sheet for dorm bed/ tent if camping

* flashlight

* medications or other essentials

* snacks for hike in and out

While your pack might feel lightweight in the morning, after a few hours of hiking in the heat and humidity of the tropical rainforest, that can quickly turn into the heaviest backpack ever.

The number one tip from experienced hikers in the park is PACK LIGHT.

Pura Vida,

Ballardo

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
44,953 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Corcovado 3 Day Hike

Great adbice by ballardo and if somebody knows about hiking in Corcovado...is him

Roadavisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
44,953 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Corcovado 3 Day Hike

Great adbice by ballardo and if somebody knows about hiking in Corcovado...is him

Roadavisor

Bethesda MD
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Corcovado 3 Day Hike

Ideally, pack light enough to fit everything in a large hip pack (with maybe an aquapack too) rather than use a backpack. Ballardo's good list makes that possible.

5. Re: Corcovado 3 Day Hike

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, December 16, 2013