We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

join a group for a 3 day hike in Corcovado with guide

New York City, New...
reviews: 1
join a group for a 3 day hike in Corcovado with guide

Hello!

I am heading solo to the Osa Peninsula around November 12, 2012 and am looking for a group to join who has a guide for a 3 day hike of Corcovado. Is anyone interested in having me join?

Or if any other solo traveler would like to book a guide together please let me know! Thanks!

I promise not to lag behind!

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: join a group for a 3 day hike in Corcovado with guide

Try to get in touch with Jaguard men at this forum...he knows the area better than any body else...is local...and he will not try to to sell you anything...

roadadvisor

Puerto Jimenez...
reviews: 3
2. Re: join a group for a 3 day hike in Corcovado with guide

in my experience, it seems that people try to put a group together online but the posts don't get much responses.

My advise would be to arrange your park permits in advance so you don't get shut out.

If you don't get people to join your hike via online forums, once you get to Puerto Jimenez, visit the ranger station near the airport and ask them if they know of groups being organized.

If they don't know, then ask around at some of the lodges and restaurants and at the internet cafes. Often guides or tour operators are hanging around these places waiting for clients, and often a impromptu group can be put together.

Pura Vida, and enjoy the Osa!

Ballardo

Barrie, Canada
reviews: 43
3. Re: join a group for a 3 day hike in Corcovado with guide

Jaz is that a Jaguar you are holding in your photo? That would be too funny!

Brooklyn, New York
reviews: 16
4. Re: join a group for a 3 day hike in Corcovado with guide

If you haven't already, you might try posting on the Lonely Planet ThornTree forum. I found hiking partners into Corcovado that way, so you never know.

5. Re: join a group for a 3 day hike in Corcovado with guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 26, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Corcovado National Park