We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa la Vida es Una Ola at Cabo Matapalo

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 22
Casa la Vida es Una Ola at Cabo Matapalo

We stayed in this privately owned residence for 6 days in December on the tip of the Osa Peninsula. What a lovely home and location. Footsteps to the beach where you more than likely will be the only person around. If you are a surfer, no fighting for a wave. Scarlet macaws frolicking in the almond trees daily. Saw 3 types of monkeys from the deck and front porch; Capuchin, squirrel and howler. A plunge pool located on the back deck; 3 nice size bedrooms each with private bath with a half bath located off the main entrance. Plenty of space for privacy. I would highly recommend this home for those who wish to get away from it all and get lost in paradise.

Los Altos, CA
reviews: 3
1. Re: Casa la Vida es Una Ola at Cabo Matapalo

Thanks for writing the review, TXTraveler6756 - I was just looking at the old thread from last fall when you were trying to decide where to stay and I was asking questions too. Good to hear you liked this place so much - will definitely bookmark this for future reference. It turned out that we couldn't go to Costa Rica this summer as we had a conflict with a trip my daughter was taking with a school group, so we may try again for summer 2014. Will definitely consider this place. What did you do about food and cooking? I remember we were discussing that one could hire a cook at some of these houses one can rent in that area - did you do that and, if so, how did that work out? Do they come into your kitchen and cook for you 3x a day? Is the price reasonable? Thanks!

Dallas, Texas
2. Re: Casa la Vida es Una Ola at Cabo Matapalo

We did not hire a cook. We bought food supplies in Puerto Jimenez (nice grocery store) before we drove on to Matapalo. Everyone pitched in to help with cooking and cleaning of kitchen (4 adults) so wasn't a problem. The wife of caretaker of property is available to cook for you. She will help you shop for food supplies. Lara said that she was a fantastic cook and other guests verify. I believe the charge is $5/person per meal to prepare but you would need to verify that with Lara (owner of property). You might consider doing light breakfast and lunch yourself and have her prepare a nice dinner. I would recommend buying fresh fish if you don't plan to catch your own. There are restaurants at local lodges and a small cafe that services pizza, etc. I understand dinner at lodges can get pricey. I hope you are able to stay at Casa la Vida es Una Ola next summer. It is truly a paradise and wildlife can be seen every day from the house. No need to leave.

Los Altos, CA
reviews: 3
3. Re: Casa la Vida es Una Ola at Cabo Matapalo

It really sounds great! I talked to the owner today, and she was lovely. I just can't decide between this place and the Casa Bambu houses. They also sound great and are on the Pan Dulce beach - did you get to check them out? Trying to decide which beach it'd be better to be on, though I know you can walk between them.

Dallas, Texas
4. Re: Casa la Vida es Una Ola at Cabo Matapalo

I did check out Casa Bambu and almost stayed there but they had nothing available when I needed. I am glad that it worked out that I stayed at Casa la Vida. The house and location is absolutely beautiful. I actually didn't check out the Casa Bambu houses while there but think the house we stayed in might be in a more desirable location as far as beauty. We walked out the door and there was the beach. I understand some of the Bambu houses are not directly on the beach but you have to cross the road and walk a bit. The beach is sandy but once you reach water it is rocky at Casa la Vida but the tide pools that form are wonderful for sitting and relaxing. If you want a sandy beach, it is just a short walk to Pan Dulce. Hope this helps you with your decision.

Edited: 10:33 am, June 19, 2013
5. Re: Casa la Vida es Una Ola at Cabo Matapalo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 21, 2014