We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stop along the way to Puerto Jimenez from MA

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Stop along the way to Puerto Jimenez from MA

Hi all,

I will be driving from Manuel Antonio to Puerto Jimenez in a week or so. I will then be making it down to El Remanso for 4 days; we plan on leaving at 8-9 in the morning. I know the drive will take somewhere between 3 to 3.5 hours. I was wondering if there is a good place to stop in between these two locations, as a way to break up the drive. If nothing really stands out and we should just get to Puerto Jimenez and down to El Remanso as fast as possible, that advice would be much appreciated as well.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
44,976 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Stop along the way to Puerto Jimenez from MA

Dear Antony...

Some small places by RINCON de Osa...maybe a good ceviche...more options in Puerto Jimenez...

Puerto Jimenez...
Level Contributor
354 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Stop along the way to Puerto Jimenez from MA

Hi Anthony,

Not really a lot to stop for between MA and Osa. Maybe a walk out to Parque Ballana in Uvita, or other beaches around this area.

Once you make the turnoff at Chacarita, and head down the Osa Peninsula a ways, you may want to pull over for some lovely photo opportunities of Golfo Dulce.

Have a wonderful time on the Osa.

Pura Vida,

Level Contributor
464 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Stop along the way to Puerto Jimenez from MA

We stopped at El Mirador Osa (www.elmiradorosa.com) . Great coffee and cappachino ! Super-clean washrooms! Also some nice views across the road for photos. It is about 15-20 minutes after from the turnoff at Chacarita on the right side at the top of high hill...... hence the mirador. We also stopped at a mirador near Uvita on the right with great photo possiblities of the Pacific and the coastline. It was our first time in this area, so we poked along and even had a seafood lunch in PJ at Delphines and picked up groceries and looked for fresh fish.... before leaving for Cabo Matapalo another 45-55 minutes or so from PJ. If we were to do this trip again, we would get to our destination sooner because we pulled in near sunset. You will really enjoy this part of CR!!!!

4. Re: Stop along the way to Puerto Jimenez from MA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Osa Peninsula